Official CanadaCorals.com introduction

CanadaCorals.com

Website Affiliate
Website
www.canadacorals.com
Hi everyone!

We want to officially introduce ourselves. We are a new retail store in the Mississauga area (Dixie/Meyerside). We are gearing to open within the next 30 days. No date has been set but we will announce it when we know for sure.

Here are a bunch of pictures of our build so far.

The warehouse.

warehouse.jpg

This is 4 tanks and 2 sumps that measure 96x48x14.

glass.jpg

Our stands are built from Bosch 90x90H t-slot extruded aluminum. It's total overkill but we got a killer deal on it so why not. :mrgreen:

tslot.jpg

This is a sketchup of how we planned to build our stands.

stands.jpg

This is our water changing station.

water.jpg

DRI-EAZ LGR 2800i low-grain refrigerant commercial dehumidifier.

lgr2800i.jpg

The dry goods wall. It was challenging to say the least to find a way to cover the electrical boxes while at the same time being able to access them. The slat-wall board is on a hinge. We also painted a blue border around the entire warehouse to integrate our logo color.

before-after.jpg

shelf1.jpg

shelf2.jpg

Some progress pics of the stands we build for our coral beds.

stand2.jpg

stand1.jpg

The glass for the coral beds are built at this point.

coralbeds1.jpg

coralbeds2.jpg

coralbeds3.jpg

This image captions the story of our lives within the past few months.

drill-press.jpg

This is our next project. (24ft fish wall)

[img=1400x865]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26003034/CanadaCorals.com/fish-wall.png[/img]

Supporting equipment is starting to come together. That includes our return pumps (speedwave 1320) and skimmer (Vertex Alpha 250) so we were able to finish gluing all the plumbing.

skimmer.jpg

sump1.jpg

sump2.jpg

Added some groves to some black acrylic rods so that we could slip them into the squares. 9 rods per section (2ftx2ft) was the perfect amount to support the sheet.

egg-crate.jpg

Deltec SC2560 skimmers for our LPS and SPS system.

deltec-sc2560.jpg

AquaUV Ultima Filter II, 800watt UV Sterilizer, 5hp Tsunami pump (16,500 GPH) for our fish system.

aquauv.jpg

Our long awaited shipment of GHL Mitras 6200's arrived. We will be using 24 lights over our coral beds and got a few extra for sale.

ghl-mitras.jpg

ghl-mitras-2.jpg

ghl-mitras-3.jpg

300 gallon deep dimensions tank with starphire glass today. This will be our display built into the wall. The tank measures 6ft long, x 3ft deep x 27" tall. We are planning to light it with 6 EcoTech Radion Pros and 4 EcoTech MP40W-ES pumps all running on EcoTech ReefLink.

300g-display.jpg

Electrical all wired up under the coral bed stands.

electrical1.jpg

electrical2.jpg

We got all the glass delivered for the fish wall on Friday. It's going to be a ton of work to build each one, thats for sure.

glass-delivery.jpg

We had some help from the crew @ Reef Wholesale to help us lift our 300g DD onto the 42" tall stand. Everything is framed up and ready for drywall!!!

300g-in-wall.jpg

That's it for now. We will update this thread with the latest progress of our build.  ;)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
*insert jaw drop smiley here*

holy freak'n crap that is a well planned out, extremely professional and clean (and not to mention expensive) store
wish you the best of luck with your business and I will definitely add you on my *to visit* list.  :)

spyd

Super Active Member
Welcome to the fragtank!! I have been watching your progression on Canreef. That is one awesome setup you have going on! Very professional and clean. My kind of style.  ;) Looking forward to the big opening!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I personally love the tank stands. I would gladly burn mine to have a sharp looking one like that...seriously, I would leave it raw and showing. Wanna sell a custome one if you have spare lengths?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4

CanadaCorals.com

Website Affiliate
Website
www.canadacorals.com
Torx link said:
I personally love the tank stands. I would gladly burn mine to have a sharp looking one like that...seriously, I would leave it raw and showing. Wanna sell a custome one if you have spare lengths?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4

We have already been asked and I did consider building stands but the amount of hours required to cut and drill is just not realistic.

I do know that 8020.net will cut and drill any design you want. It's a different brand than what we use but generally the same thing. There are a few companies in the GTA that sell it.

dale

lookin good guys,,,  i would fasten that framing along the top to the wall behind
it is a very nice frame indeed.. looking forward to to the end result...

dale

CanadaCorals.com link said:
[quote author=dale link=topic=6351.msg64183#msg64183 date=1381776991]
lookin good guys,,,  i would fasten that framing along the top to the wall behind
it is a very nice frame indeed.. looking forward to to the end result...

Not a bad idea.

It's incredibly strong and solid and I cant even move it 1mm but you can't be too careful.  :D
[/quote]
you will be top heavy in no time and if somebody deceides to climb on it...??
i really like the look ,, industrial yet estheticly pleasing...

CanadaCorals.com

Website Affiliate
Website
www.canadacorals.com
Fish Wall Update !!!

Update:

We finally got some progress on our fish system. The glass is built, the tanks are plumbed and we also received our custom 400g sump today. We need to cut/drill more aluminum to connect the filtration system but we should have this system wet in less than a week.

_MG_3328.JPG

_MG_3329.JPG