Official CanadaCorals.com introduction

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
this whole store looks incredible, i cant wait to visit.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
CanadaCorals.com link said:
[quote author=shipwreck link=topic=6351.msg84449#msg84449 date=1393987874]
So when do you expect the fish system to have fish?

Our fish system will be water tested within the week and then we need to cycle it. I would expect a small batch of fish can be added safely in 4 weeks. I won't risk it until we can dose pure ammonia to the system and see it disappear quickly.
[/quote]

smart, speaks to your motto of "not just another chop shop"

shipwreck

CanadaCorals.com link said:
[quote author=shipwreck link=topic=6351.msg84449#msg84449 date=1393987874]
So when do you expect the fish system to have fish?

I would expect a small batch of fish can be added safely in 4 weeks.
[/quote]

Good. Hopefully by then I can put the dog sled away and make the trip to Toronto to check you guys out. Between the pictures and all the good feedback I'm looking forward to seeing the place.

CanadaCorals.com

Website Affiliate
Website
www.canadacorals.com
Quick little update:

We decided to go backwards in technology and remove the GHL Mitras LED's from our SPS system and replace them with ReefBrite Hybrids instead. These are single ended fixtures using 400w 20K Radium bulbs. They are also supplemented with four 72" ReefBrite XHO led strips.

The power consumption is over double that from the GHL Mitras and heat is already an issue that we will need to deal with soon (chiller) but our SPS corals have never been more colorful. :mrgreen:

Note: The tanks are perfectly level. The Tunze wavebox makes the tank look un-level.

mh.jpg

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Nice move going to MH... since I've swapped I have learned the difference between corals showing colour via florescence under RB Leds and showing their true colours under daylight...