Other hobbies?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Wondering what you guys do other than reef-ism stuff.

I used to do a lot of custom classic arcade-related stuff: http://massive.mameworld.info/

Then I got right into renovations, and melded the two as a columnist for gameroom magazine (until it went out of business) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gameroom_magazine

I have found that people that get "into" hobbies, usually have more than one.  So??

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I am into trout/salmon fishing more than you're average bear, also do pickerel fishing when the times right.

3ede7esu.jpg

reeffreak

Super Active Member
CherryBlossom link said:
Reptile breeder :D between this hobby and that I'm a busy person!

Trying to get my handle on Photography as well

My fiancé keeps a bearded dragon, i never really look at it, but he's pretty neat,  watched him grow from like 5 inches to his size now, maybe 12. Feed him horn worms every blue moon, I don't miss him eating them , just devours them.

GirDance

I used to have enough time to devote some of it to video games and photography, but not so much since my son came along.  At one point I also did a bit of coding for an online game and beta testing.

Sadly between my son, the fish tanks, the snake, the dog, the kid's turtle, and our pet bird by the time I'm cleaning up after everyone, feeding everyone, and doing all the water changes I'm lucky if I have time to play with my camera or pick up a controller!

Been trying to get a handle on gardening as well now that we have an actual back yard at the new house...  Hard to start from zero knowledge, I can never tell what to kill or keep unless its your run of the mill dandelion.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I have so many hobbies I'm not sure where to start!

When I can find the time I love to build furniture and have a large workshop with all my tools.  I would love to do more but I'm such a perfectionist that I take a long time to build something and always wish I could do it better.  I have built all of the furniture in my living room with the exception of my couches.  Last year, I gutted our kitchen and did all of the prep work for the new cabinets (unfortunately I did not have time to make them myself - I'd still be making them!).  Nothing pleases me more than a new project to build  -  I think Dave likes to run the other way because I usually recruit him to carry the heavy sheets of wood for me  ;D

I also sew, knit, crochet, cross-stitch and paint (paint by numbers) when I get time.  Mostly lately I have been trying to get my seahorses to breed and spending time on the computer playing games to relax.  Housework? UGH a necessary evil, but I HATE housework  ;)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I play a bit of Xbox now and then, have 2 dogs, 1 lab outside and one shitzu inside.
I HAD an extensive knife and sword collection that eventually dwindled down into a few pieces when I started reef keeping LOL

I'm
Always doing something on the farm, love working the fields. Feeding the animals, horses, dogs, pigs, who knows how many cats.. ( free kittens anyone? Literally)

Used to do jujitsu but never have the time or the ambition anymore , hey I guess I am feelin the old age * cough* salty* cough*

Other than that gf gets the rest of my free time !

AdamS

I was pretty involved with stock car racing for almost 10 years, if you think this hobby is a lot of work...we would put in at least 4-5 hours of work 4 nights a week, plus one day on the weekend. Anyways, no time for that anymore.

I always love playing with computers and electronics, uC's, etc. but with 3 crazy children, its tough to do that too.

Guess my hobbies right now are diapers and yardwork.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Photography is fast becoming my other hobby, which was spurned by trying to take better pictures of my tank.  Fishing, camping and canoe tripping are my other favorite things to do.  Does drinking beer and watching sports on tv count too?  ::)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
jroovers link said:
Photography is fast becoming my other hobby, which was spurned by trying to take better pictures of my tank.  Fishing, camping and canoe tripping are my other favorite things to do.  Does drinking beer and watching sports on tv count too?  ::)

I think drinking beer is more of a life style than a hobby ;)

harleymike

Super Active Member
Have 5 dogs, and two cockateils. Oh and one cat.
Do alot of fishing,boating and play around with my mustang convertible.
Also a volunteer fireman for St Clair Township.

GirDance

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=jroovers link=topic=5539.msg1#msg1 date=1370480829]

I think drinking beer is more of a life style than a hobby ;)
[/quote]

Agreed, but if we're going to consider it a hobby you can add me to that list...  Hubby works at The Beer Store so you can probably guess its a rare occurrence that we're out of it.

dale

ive caught a couple fish...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8434_166373471141_2155445_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/35973_456049711141_5168754_n.jpg

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Taking care of my 2 cats.

Record collecting / stereo building. Dove into electronics a few years back and built some of my own equipment like a phono amplifier:
huseguga.jpg

Up until last year I would have also said dating lots ;).  But I've been steady with the current girl for almost a year.  She has 2 dogs that also keep us busy.  Also help her with home reno stuff.

Oh also, used to be big into computer building / overclocking and gaming. Still have my rig but not into it so much anymore, no time for games. If I play anything now its likely a board game or puzzle.

Does karaoke count as a hobby? I used to spend a couple nights a week doing that but haven't been recently.