Phosphates in 0 TDS RODI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
davesolo29 link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=4511.msg42020#msg42020 date=1361666056]
Tds is in ppm.. So getting a reading of 10ppb po4 would read 0 on a tds meter.
getting a reading of 100000000ppm or ppb po4 wont register on a tds meter..  cause a po4 test and a tds test are two entirely different things.
[/quote]

I was under the exact opposite impression.. anything besides pure H20 should give an addition to the TDS levels.. the phosphate checkers simply use whatever means they use to get the Phosphate dissolved solids reading in ppm, ppb or whatever isolated from everything else.. I could be totally wrong tho.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I think that if that were the case,, we would all be able to buy refractometers that measure po4, calc, alc, mag etc.
or they would have probes for all this.
Im not stating any of this as fact.  just makes sense to me this way.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Still the questions remain, does anyone else read any po4 levels higher than 0.00  with there rodi water without salt , and if so what are the readings ? Also after adding salt to your rodi water what are your po4 results ? I'm very curious to know if my IO salt is bad, my Hanna checker is not accurate.

Tomorrow Petercar will be letting me use his red sea kits so I can compare  results. The issue I'm having here is should I really be doing a water change with water that has more po4 ten my tank had in it when I trying to work my way down to 0.00 po4, seems very counter productive to me.

Am I aiming for 0.00 phosphate according to the Hanna phosphate or according to the Hanna phosphorus. 

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Thanks Dave I appreciate it. I find my self glued to my phone for some kind of explanation for this while I'm out drinking. Hmm what's important in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.