Photos from my 120

jroovers

Super Active Member
Some updates of stuff on the go:

- substrate replacement: my substrate (seafloor special) was looking horrible, over the past few months I've been slowly suctioning it out, and I've replaced it with florida crushed coral (hopefully will stay in place and won't get blown around like the SS).

- ricordia eradication: I had a couple sizeable spots on my rockwork where ricordia were growing and stinging my SPS. I've tried to pry them off the rocks, and cover the base area with crazy glue and epoxy. So far so good.

- GFO: after going for several months without GFO or carbon, I decided to put a small amount of GFO back online. Seems like it is helping with the nuisance algae a bit (cyano)combined with my heavier skimming. I still have some bubble algae but prying it off when I see it and regularly basting the corals seems to be helping.

- HLLE treatment: my yellow tang and cherub angel have had HLLE for quite some time. I've noticed a small hole on my regal now too unfortunately. I haven't run Carbon for quite a while, and I have fed a pretty diverse diet, so I'm wondering if it is related to the hydraulic cement I used to cement my rock pillars together. It has always slowly eroded with time and then suspended in the water and collects in the substrate and in the sump. I'm hoping that most of it is gone with my substrate change, as very little comes off my rocks anymore. I have been soaking all food in selcon (pellets and Mysis and nori), and have been feeding s special angel food once every couple of days that is supposed to be high in sponge content. I've also added the Brightwell Angel Elixir stuff to food. Hopefully this will help stop further HLLE or even reverse it in my fish. Really annoying, the fish are otherwise pigs and fat as heck.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Anyone know how to embed a YouTube video?

Anyhow, here is what I came up with in terms of a recent tank video, viewable in HD.

http://youtu.be/zZRtF4Tj0gc

jroovers

Super Active Member
I should mention the special angel food I've been feeding I got through Aaron at BA, thanks, the regal seems to enjoy it!  ;D

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
jroovers link said:
I should mention the special angel food I've been feeding I got through Aaron at BA, thanks, the regal seems to enjoy it!  ;D
Glad it likes it. Just let me know when you need more.

The tank looks awesome by the way.  Are you using your canon to shoot the video?

jroovers

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
The tank looks awesome by the way.  Are you using your canon to shoot the video?

Yes, I just used my 7D to shoot that.  Haven't played around with video on it too much.  I did a video of Darryl's tank some time ago, but this is my first try on my tank. 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
great video quality, your tank is super nice.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Thanks guys.

Poseidon link said:
wow, looking awesome!
that fire and ice colony gone now? or is this an old vid?

No I still have it for about a week, trying to enjoy it while I can.  Part of the reason I did the video was to get a record of it being there.  The footage is sort of sporadic from the last two weeks. 

theyangman

Distinguished Member
jroovers link said:

Anyhow, here is what I came up with in terms of a recent tank video, viewable in HD.

Just for future referrence, you want to take everything AFTER the / so in your case the red stuff here: http://youtu.be/zZRtF4Tj0gc

And then place it in between the tags: [you tube] zZRtF4Tj0gc [/you tube] (just remove the space in the tag so it is one word, ie: youtube)

jroovers

Super Active Member
theyangman link said:
[quote author=jroovers link=topic=4252.msg71375#msg71375 date=1385999467]

Just for future referrence, you want to take everything AFTER the / so in your case the red stuff here: http://youtu.be/zZRtF4Tj0gc

And then place it in between the tags: [you tube] zZRtF4Tj0gc [/you tube] (just remove the space in the tag so it is one word, ie: youtube)
[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation, I tried cutting and pasting the "embed" link from youtube, and that didn't work obviously. 

jroovers

Super Active Member
Thanks guys, I've got some updated photos to post as well, just need to get them onto the computer and processed. 

Also have some photos from someone else's system locally that look like they are going to be pretty sweet.  :-\