plumbing on new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
this is pretty much all i use and i get it at HH

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Plumbing-Electrical/Plumbing/Repair-Hookup/Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous/CEMENT-TRANS-GAS-SYSTEM636-473ML/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I3262231?Ntt=transition+cement

P

phi delt reefer

lowes sells schedule 40 pvc and a really good selection of fittings adaptors and valves. I plumbed my entire tank with their stuff.

G

Gietz

OK perfect I've decided to drop down to 1 1/4 down and 3/4 return so I hope that will work, I'm getting the plumbing this weekend so I'll grab you guys said was the best. Then just gotta get a return and skimmer ( which I know which ones) just worried about this postal strike lmao

S

stellarflare

Hi Gietz, Just thought I would let you know that Windsor factory Supply has schedule 80 bulkheads. Far more superior then the aquarium bulkheads that tend to fail because of inferior design.
Windsor Factory Supply
730 North Service, Windsor, ON N8X 3J5 (519) 966-2202

You can buy diamond hole saws‎ at Princess Auto Windsor
3575 Forest Glade Drive, Windsor, ON N8T 0A3 (519) 974-1261

Blob-79

Super Active Member
how much flow are you planning to run down that 1 1/4 drain? You may have noise issues if you try to pump too much

G

Gietz

Blob-79 link said:
how much flow are you planning to run down that 1 1/4 drain? You may have noise issues if you try to pump too much

I plan on a having no higher than 500 return after head loss, I'm confused by what you mean??

P

phi delt reefer

you'll get cavitation and rushing water noises if you have too much flow through the pipe. A gate valve on your return pump would allow you "tune" your flow for maximum movement and minimum noise. There is a sweet spot for all systems.

M

marks69

i would go 1 1/2 both ways but that's just for future expansion.
i would up the return to atleast 1".

G

Gietz

marks69 link said:
i would go 1 1/2 both ways but that's just for future expansion.
i would up the return to atleast 1\".

too late lol i already got it lol  and i wont be expanding anytime time soon, the next big thing will be a move lmao

G

Gietz

ok so now that i have my return at 3/4 which i hope wont casue me troubles, my bulkhead is 1 1/2 inch so my pipe to my sump has to be 1 1/2 right??

Status
Not open for further replies.