Possible "ich On Pbt"

heath

Distinguished Member
I noticed this morning that there is something on my powder blue. Its not definite spots, his colouring just looks faded on the back end of him , could this be ich ? None of the other fish are showing anything.
Yesterday I did a fairly big water change and a good tank cleaning.
I do have Ich-x in the house, should I treat the tank as a precaution?
There are no corals in this tank but I do have a black brittle star fish.
I've taken a picture, its not a good one, he won't pose for his candid shot.
here's a list of whats in the tank;
lrg silver mono, foxface, half black angel, 10 chromis, striped damsel, yellow tailed damsel, 2 small engineer gobies, jewled blennie, 3 watchman gobies, yellow tang and of course powder blue.
thanks,
Heath

Attachments

• HPIM0960.JPG
    HPIM0960.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 84

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
If he doesnt have white spots on him then its probably not ich. By what i see in the pic, it just looks like maybe discoloring from.stress. but im not to sure. Keep him well fed. When you did the waterchange did u make sure ur salinity and temp was the same? Is he active and eating still?

heath

Distinguished Member
thanks Riley and sunnykita; the salinity is within a small degree, 1.024 to 1.026 not sure if that will affect him. He is very active (hard to take a picture) and is eating like a pig.
Other than the colour everything is/seems fine in the tank. Checked everyone else and they are all fine.
again, thanks
Heath

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I have a Powder blue tank living with ich for almost two month now, I feed it with food sock in garlic gard and feed it 3 time a day. Sometime my other fish got 2 or 3 ich spot on them too, but it go away. I think as long as your fish eat than leave it, if it don't eat than tread it. My powder blue have ich, but it's not rubbing against anything. He and my other fish are eating and getting fat, keep feeding it. good luck and hope this help.

heath

Distinguished Member
thanks Kevin, he is eating like a little pig. I've not noticed any of them rubbing on the rock or anything.
I will keep my fingers crossed. If tangs weren't so disease prone I would have a whole tank of them.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
PBT is a beautiful fish, many reefer try to keep it and fail. Well when you see a PBT in other people tank and want one of your own, remember this. The PBT in that person tank is alway nice and round. Take it or leave it, I thing feeding is key in keeping PBT.

heath

Distinguished Member
yes Harley mike, I do agree. most of them are small fish a few medium size fish. I am upgrading to a 125 shortly so they will be much happier. 5 of the fish are burrowers, you only see them at feeding time..

heath

Distinguished Member
the pbt is from Jordan and up to now has been doing wonderfully. Just finished feeding them and I don't see anything on the pbt, maybe I was just fretting over nothing or I need to get my eyes checked..

heath

Distinguished Member
Here is a picture of the tank, as you can see they are not crowded... thanks for all of your help
guess I can't send the picture, it tells me that its too large.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Ich is really easy to spot. It is pretty clear cut when a PBT or any tang has it for that matter. Discoloration I would say is stress related. Either harassment from another fish or something with the water.

Remember that tangs need other stuff than meaty foods for a strong immune system and over all health. Seaweed or algae is important for tangs to show off their best colors.