Possible "ich On Pbt"

heath

Distinguished Member
I agree, I do give them nori about 2-3 times a week. Red and green. Everything seems fine now so maybe I was worrying/panic over nothing..

jroovers

Super Active Member
I never saw a spot of ich on that fish, ever. Shouldn't be that unless your water quality is poor and he is stressed. Not surprised that he is stressed either way though due to the move. A new tank and more space will be a good thing. Hope to hear that all continues to go on the up and up.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
when I dropped the fish off at Sealife yesterday for boarding while I do the reno and tank switch Gary was more concerned about the ph levels and making sure they were close. Just thought I'd pass that along.

That's because Gary is no beginner lol.... All expert fish keepers (especially those constantly bringing in fish and acclimating them) know that PH is the single most important parameter for fish and even corals....salinity and temp are the most often discussed and seems like everyone only pays attention to those.... PH is the key!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
That's because Gary is no beginner lol.... All expert fish keepers (especially those constantly bringing in fish and acclimating them) know that PH is the single most important parameter for fish and even corals....salinity and temp are the most often discussed and seems like everyone only pays attention to those.... PH is the key!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can ph swings cause stress related parasites like ich? Maybe thats why ive never had luck with fish...or maybe its something bigger. People go thre whole.time in the hobby ichless, i even had this problem in freshwater, everytime i added fish i had to be ready to fight ich. Im lost lol.

heath

Distinguished Member
Everything is fine with the pbt. I'm thinking it was my imagination now. I do find that when the lights go on in the morning it does take him and some of the other fish a bit of time to regain their colour. I have been told that could be a normal thing.
All are eating and very active...thanks to everyone that offered help and assistance.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Everything is fine with the pbt. I'm thinking it was my imagination now. I do find that when the lights go on in the morning it does take him and some of the other fish a bit of time to regain their colour. I have been told that could be a normal thing.
All are eating and very active...thanks to everyone that offered help and assistance.
Yes that is very normal. Most fish adapt their colours to their mood... ie whether they are sleeping, awake and happy, stressed, feeling agressive, etc.

My sailfin tang looks very pale when he's woken from slumber - almost entirely black and white with little yellow. Once he wakes up the yellow comes in. When he starts fighting/playing with another tang, he gets spots that kind of show up.