Pulp's 150g

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
well no work for me today so i will continue the saga,here are a few pics,i just got home from Kent farm for supplies and warming up a bit before i start at it

it was a hell of a job cleaning it,guess i should of got at it immediately,might of been easier

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Ive received a few inquiries about the tank,unfortunately this is the tank i had for sale,as i was unable to retrieve it on the company dime i had to take my personal pickup to get it at an additional cost,i had 2 choices,raise the price to $500 to cover my expenses (that would of pissed off some here) or just keep it and set it up myself,i chose the latter
i do apologize but it was just a matter of economics

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
pulpfiction1 link said:
Ive received a few inquiries about the tank,unfortunately this is the tank i had for sale,as i was unable to retrieve it on the company dime i had to take my personal pickup to get it at an additional cost,i had 2 choices,raise the price to $500 to cover my expenses (that would of pissed off some here) or just keep it and set it up myself,i chose the latter
i do apologize but it was just a matter of economics

makes perfect sense to me, but even at 500$ it would have been a great deal :)
good luck with the build, looks like an AWESOME tank!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Looking good Phil. What are the specs on that overflow? How thick are drains and return ?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
tanks is 5x2x2 with starphire front,coast to coast overflow is made from 3/8" glass,
3 x1-3/4" holes,2 for drain and one for the return,there is a 2-1/4" hole setup as the emergency drain.Bottom is drilled with 2 x1-3/4"holes for closed loop,gonna go bare bottom at this point,my 75g bottom is completely covered in Coraline and looks good to me,will probably start with 2 islands of rock to conceal the closed loop then go from there as far as layout,will keep my current 40g breeder sump and seeing as i just recently purchased the omega 150 skimmer i will have to limp along with it for awhile,4 x Hydras and wp-40 should keep the water flowing  along with my 1350gph return,dreading going through the new tank syndrome over the next couple of months or so