Pulp's 150g

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
left to right:

emergency drain,return with split loc-line,full syphon,regular drain with air line,air line is for if the full syphon gets clogged or the water rises to a critical point,the air line will fill with water as it rises in the overflow turning that drain into a full syphon,there should be plenty of water noises to warn me that something is wrong without water exiting the system onto the floor.

here is where i got all the info :

http://www.beananimal.com/projects/silent-and-fail-safe-aquarium-overflow-system.aspx

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Looks like you got it set perfectly.. Pretty sweet setup eh? The only thing I would re do on mine would be to get the standipes all about 1" higher because with a decent wave I can hear the water going over the c2c slightly, if u plan to use w1 mode on your powerheads maybe throw one in there and make sure it's still nice and quiet before u get any further..

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
it is sweet,i just added a bit of an extension to the full syphon to try to compensate for that ,i had issues on my 75g with the W1 mode on the wp-25 with water crashing into my sump in waves,got a wp-40 so ill try the extention and see if it helps,thanks for the heads up as i never thought about that duke

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
nice overflow. I like silent :) Will be for sure looking into the bean animal overflow.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
well as per usual,theres tons of pics,heres phase one,the teardown of the 75gallon, im sure i have better things to do with my saturday mornings  lol

had to submerge every rock as i didnt find 3 fish,also corals attached to 80% of the rock,i just did this back in july,that sump sure got dirty