R O D I Unit Help!

Just made some more water the other night and it seems the TDS has dropped to 4. And I'm still getting the 1 to 1.5 ratio of RO to waste. I'll take those odds. LOL :cool:

Pipes

I'd worry more about the TDS than the waste ratio. Less is better, but were shooting for the lower TDS. I know water isn't free when you have a water meter, but a few extra buck on water compared to a few hundred bucks on coral...I don't care about a little extra water down the drain.

I'd worry more about the TDS than the waste ratio. Less is better, but were shooting for the lower TDS. I know water isn't free when you have a water meter, but a few extra buck on water compared to a few hundred bucks on coral...I don't care about a little extra water down the drain.

I don't currently pay for water so it's not really an issue either way for the time being. Although I'm certainly happy to waste less. I'm not using DI however earlier in the thread it was suggested that I should be getting a TDS of 3.6 with the membrane I have and I was steady at around 6 TDS. It was also mentioned that I may have a leak in the membrane because the ratio wasn't high enough. Although now I'm getting a consistent 4 TDS with the same ratio so whether it's leaking or not I'm happy with the results. :cool:

I cant recall if it was mentioned, but look at the TDS a few minutes after it has been running, you will not get an accurate reading of TDS for at least a minute.

I only use the unit every couple of weeks or so and let it run for a few minutes and then test before I start filling up my 5 gal. bottles. It started off at 6 TDS but by the time I was ready to fill the second bottle it was at 4 TDS. I tested before filling every bottle just to see if it would change and I got 4 TDS for the remaining 4 bottles. I was happy with 6 TDS actually but I like the 4 TDS even better. Especially with a 1:1.5 ratio of RO to waste water. ;) :D

Last edited: