Red slime

monizb

Super Active Member
Need help red slime on sand bed all my stuff permits are good I turned the flow up to see if it help did water change and still same
Samsung s3

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I've got red slime and can't find an answer either, new bulbs, 0 detectable po4,  0 nitrates, high flow, ... Can't explain it

spyd

Super Active Member
How long has your systems been running?

I used Microbacter 7 and my cyano cleared up in 2 weeks. I also dose MB7 once a week and have not had any cyano ever since. My system was young as well though so not sure if it was just a natural process or if the MB7 is doing its thing.

spyd

Super Active Member
Yah Bill stocks it. Up to this point, I was getting it from Royal Aquariums. Anyone that sells Brightwell Aquatics products will have it.

monizb

Super Active Member
I did over dose on alk I know its high it usually 7 or 8 and phosphates are low I thought I use salfert test kit and did it again last night now at 0 and used test strips and showed 0 as well :)

Samsung s3

spyd

Super Active Member
Thats what I suggest. Definitely change out your GFO and maybe run more than last time. You definitely don't want any trace of phosphates in your tank.

As for ALK, that is very high. Just hold off the dosing for a while until it drops back down to the 7-8 level. How long of a period did you go from 7 to 14 for your alk levels and how long ago was that? Hard on the fishes and corals when alk rises too quick.