Reef Keeper

Jewel

I bought a DC Return Pump with a Controller, It has a feed Mode. I want to control my skimmer so that there's a delay, My question is when I configure my skimmer to delay with my Reef Keeper will I plug in the Return pump and control it with the Reef Keeper as well and will the feed mode still work as well as the Pump speed work with the controller or am I by passing this with the Reef Keeper, Thanks

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I think you would need a joebo cable to control that pump with your reefkeeper, Torx is making them, I don't know if anybody has tried it.

Jewel

I don't care about controlling the pump with the reef Keeper but I assumed that it would need to be tied into the system for the skimmer to know when to start up.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
yu can do that with yur skimmer with the apex I'm sure the RK has a delay when power goes out..my reef octopus skimmer with DC pump  has a delay and soft start after it shuts off  but when i feed i just turn both DC pump skimmer and return pump off with the apex not push feed mode on the controllers

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have no idea if the DC pumps work on a 0-5v or 0-10v signal, or how they work. I have someone who is going to try one of my 0-5v cables on their DC pump the end of the week, but IMHO I do not think that it will work. It would be great if it would though. I need to buy a DC pump and see what I can get out of it. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
You can delay anything. Skimmer, return pump, lights. All of which I do just incase the power is flickering constantly it prevents stop start stop start stop start.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Torx link said:
I have no idea if the DC pumps work on a 0-5v or 0-10v signal, or how they work. I have someone who is going to try one of my 0-5v cables on their DC pump the end of the week, but IMHO I do not think that it will work. It would be great if it would though. I need to buy a DC pump and see what I can get out of it. 

they work on the identical 0-5v current the wp series powerheads do, i tested on my multi meter for you

Hozer

can anyone explain to me how to set my skimmer to delay start after a power outage?? I tried to do it on the computer and on the controller itself and i don't see it anywhere??