Reefer's 75g reef.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
So after 12hours of backbreaking work i finally got the tanks switched and the reef into its new home...nothing new just a different tank, except an extra 50pds of dry rock. Sps dominant, sandless bottom. Same livestock.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Re: Reefer's 70g reef.

Looks nice!
But I'm
Surprised you didn't drill it or go with a drilled tank.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member

I didnt have a way to get it drilled or any space anywhere for a sump.. the botom panel says tempered glass do not drill. So i dont kmow if that meant the whole tank or just the bottom panel. And thanks everyone, it went as smoothly as possble.. only took 12 hrs of smoothness lol. But i like it alot more in there...having equipment in the tank doesnt bother me near as much now. I might get a drilled one down the road and switch out the stand..all in due time i suppose lol

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member

Its the 46 moved into the 70-75 w.e it is never took the time to measure lol. And no.. im still going bigger.. im hust impatient and wanted something "bigger" now lol. Im still skeptical about using the tank for long term reef use. Maybe a predator tank, with just fish. Dunno yet tho. Lol

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

reeferkeeper420 link said:
Its the 46 moved into the 70-75 w.e it is never took the time to measure lol. And no.. im still going bigger.. im hust impatient and wanted something \"bigger\" now lol. Im still skeptical about using the tank for long term reef use. Maybe a predator tank, with just fish. Dunno yet tho. Lol

18" high is 65
21'' high is 75
24'' high is 90 :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

reeferkeeper420 link said:
Ok how do u \"properly\" measure the height again, start and finish? Lol i always forget, (Darn) this CRS.

Bottom to top, don't get to technical
No a 90g doesn't actually hold 90g of water but that's just what it's called lol

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Do wrasses need sand to be happy and healthy, i didnt really take that into consideration when i went with a sandless bottom, and have seen hin swimming along the bottom trying to burrow :( poor guy.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
some do and some dont.. what kind of wrasse is it? you can always stash a small ziplock container with a couple inches of sand in the back for your wrasse.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Duke link said:
some do and some dont.. what kind of wrasse is it? you can always stash a small ziplock container with a couple inches of sand in the back for your wrasse.

+1 I used an already scratched viewing box for my wrasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
He normally did burrow.. do i need to buy live sand? Or can u buy the sand ud use for bearded dragons per say? $$ isnt the issue its that i do t have nehwere to buy live sand