Reefer's 75g reef.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
reeferkeeper420 link said:
He normally did burrow.. do i need to buy live sand? Or can u buy the sand ud use for bearded dragons per say? $$ isnt the issue its that i do t have nehwere to buy live sand

you need to add the proper sand.. it doesnt have to be live, just goto petsmart and buy a small bag of caribsea. also never heard of that wrasse.. and google only links to this thread when searching.. do you have a photo?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
y8u4aqy2.jpg

I have only ever seen them at big ALS and they were mislabeled. Real cool looking fish. Checker wrasse sounds right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
oh right, i saw that one their..

Halichoeres hortulanus

Needs sand to sleep.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Yeah so im prolly just stressing him out with no sand.. and ueahthe closest petsmart is half hour away and i dont drive...legally lol

no sand from your old tank left?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
yea thats def a marble, nice fish
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+353&pcatid=353

if you want to sell him ... hehe :)

um, i dunno if i would use that...

what about just buying all new sand for your tank, barebottoms are ugly :p

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
No i dont want any sand. In pretty sure i read somewher that if your going to do alot of acros ur better of to go barebottom, for leaching and silicates and what not.. i dunno.. im pretty sue my last sand bed was full of cyano and PO4. And like i said isont have anyway to get newhere, but id like to gwt him some sand asap so hes not stressing out.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Lol and no i dont really wanna sell him..nor do i have a fish trap..i need one for this rabbitfish.

yea im a bit confused, how did you move the fish over???
why didnt you just keep him seperate then?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
just go scoop up a few cups from outside, rinse with rodi and you should be good to go.. i wouldnt worry about it.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Itll be normall for the water to go a little cloudy afyer adding the sand id assume, it was the weird layer on top of my water that kinda worried me..is that normal.. i thought i rinsed it farily well.. it was stirred in my tabk pretty good before it was tossed and then i sat and stirred it for about 10-15 mins changing the wayer out, went through 5g, i used a fish bag to lower it in and slowly release it into the container.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Itll be normall for the water to go a little cloudy afyer adding the sand id assume, it was the weird layer on top of my water that kinda worried me..is that normal.. i thought i rinsed it farily well.. it was stirred in my tabk pretty good before it was tossed and then i sat and stirred it for about 10-15 mins changing the wayer out, went through 5g, i used a fish bag to lower it in and slowly release it into the container.

it should be fine, tonight if the wrasse ducks in there to sleep you can call it a sucess ;-) i bet it will