reeffreaks 75 SPS Dominant build

R

reeffreak

Well its been a long time coming and the wait is finally over ... theres still a bit of tweaking to do but for now its about 99.9% done .

Aquascaping still needs some minor adjustments and maybe a bit more rock
The display ( will be adding black background or just paint it black either or )
027_zpsf1f77e1c.jpg

028_zps22b74fcf.jpg

031_zps101a1c73.jpg

Water is still a little cloudy from moving all the rock around and also need to finsih up the return line before its all running
The Sump
030_zps0fd93ef3.jpg

Equipment:
Mag 18 return
TLF 550 w/ pellets- may change over to an actual pellet reactor
TLF 150 w/ rowa
ATI power Module 8 bulb
Reef Octopus Extreme 200
Total Water Volume: 105 gallons
Dosing BRS 2 part
2 EcoTech mp10 - may change later to wavebox 

R

reeffreak

This rainbow chalice I picked up from Bill at IA is waiting in the frag tank for its new home to be ready

010_zps63a5d266.jpg

011_zps2e5a7312.jpg

R

reeffreak

Yes , Ive had a frag tank up and running for about 7-8 months , it has a few SPS frags in there awaiting there new home aswell

257c2ebc.jpg

4cae9c67.jpg

I just started dosing the frag tank with the BRS 2 part , some of the frags I have Im having a hard time getting to color up or they have started to color up but very slow

R

reeffreak

I appologize for the crappy pictures I am by no means a photographer at all  :?

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
:) paint the back wall.  Won't need to worry about salt creep behind the background.  Easy to do and easy to remove :). Looks good

R

reeffreak

Neopimp link said:
:) paint the back wall.  Won't need to worry about salt creep behind the background.  Easy to do and easy to remove :). Looks good

wife and landlord would kill me if I painted the wall black lol

spyd link said:
The Aquascaping looks awesome!!

thanks spyd i like the flatter peices to make ledges it makes it look real cool looking but Im still not happy with it maybe a couple more lbs of rock will help out

Salty Cracker link said:
I'd like to have a mille tank... looks sweet. 

Thanks salty I want a millie tank too  ;D

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I think the aquascaping looks terrific.  Sometimes less is more. I think it helps get the best flow around the rocks and less dead spots.  The flat pieces are great.  Just wait until your coral is in there and it won't look so bare. 

B

Bill@IA

reeffreak link said:
Well its been a long time coming and the wait is finally over ... theres still a bit of tweaking to do but for now its about 99.9% done .

Aquascaping still needs some minor adjustments and maybe a bit more rock
The display ( will be adding black background or just paint it black either or )
027_zpsf1f77e1c.jpg

028_zps22b74fcf.jpg

031_zps101a1c73.jpg

Water is still a little cloudy from moving all the rock around and also need to finsih up the return line before its all running
The Sump
030_zps0fd93ef3.jpg

Equipment:
Mag 18 return
TLF 550 w/ pellets- may change over to an actual pellet reactor
TLF 150 w/ rowa
ATI power Module 8 bulb
Reef Octopus Extreme 200
Total Water Volume: 105 gallons
Dosing BRS 2 part
2 EcoTech mp10 - may change later to wavebox

WOW Pat!! I love the rock work. That is going to look great when all your corals get set and with all that void space each SPS should be able to get lots water movement.

:)

R

reeffreak

ya i definetly went into this tank with the idea of how colonies of SPS grow out , now having said that I have never had a full fledge SPS tank before so the barness of it its going to kill me into I can start getting some colorful things in there !!! Thanks for the reassurence on the aquascape guys and gal  :D Im excited as hell !!!!!!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
When I finally frag those mille's you had your eye on I know they'll have a good home.  I really should see about reinforcing that wall in the bar, this makes me sooo jealous, you bastard. 

R

reeffreak

Lol get at it another tank wouldnt hurt anyone ask big show and Darryl lol it's an addiction thats for sure ... Jelous ? Your tanks twice the size of mine  :D and it's beautiful !!!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
Lol get at it another tank wouldnt hurt anyone ask big show and Darryl lol it's an addiction thats for sure ... Jelous ? Your tanks twice the size of mine  :D and it's beautiful !!!

Yeah, but mine's got pesky softies all over the place looking all smug.  I'd love to start fresh and be just as the aquascaping stage...something I overlooked on mine as well (and so hard to do now!). 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Your pesky softies always have a home here, lol. Your tank is awesome looking there salty. I think they key is to keep the pesky stuff off your main rock work it seems.

Oh and looking good reeffreak. Can't wait to see the progress.

R

reeffreak

thanks darryl and pulp ..... the hard part now is waiting to stock ... in the mean time having the frag tank helps with that problem ...... a
bit