Rotifers And Phyto

SamB

Super Active Member
well might have some bad news.... we think the cultures we had shipped to us might have froze... the heat packs where cold and it took an extra day to get here .... first culture didn't grow at all going to start second culture today... have not started rotifers yet and need green water to feed them going to reorder as weather warms a bit
Wow sorry to hear of this ...

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Hey Girl there is a company in Toronto called reef Aquatica who grows and sells rotifers and other live foods for clown fry, mandarins, seahorses etc
Great source for all live foods !
I live in Toronto but travel your direction every week
If I can help out please let me know - I'm not sure if reef Aquatica ships or not
Sam
They ship, I just signed up on the website

They ship, I just signed up on the website
sorry I am not looking to buy packaged "god knows how old" phytoplankton I am looking for starter cultures to grow my own. I have been doing it for almost 7 years now .. and I order my starters from florida aqua farms.. just should have waited till warmer weather.... and I am no way paying over $100 for them at reef Aquatica when at Florida aqua farms they are in the $20 range...i'll just wait a couple weeks and reorder

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I thought the photo they had was a disc? I thought was like a dried seed pod or somethin, wouldn't think it would freeze? But hey guess I was wrong.

SamB

Super Active Member
Check out forum member david Caplan - he grows and sells phyto and pods
I can deliver