RR JawDropper Acro Has Landed In The USA!!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
As much as I dislike Sexy Corals, it looks like they got the market cornered for the RR JawDropper Acro in the USA..... Hopefully they sell enough so they can retire lol

Here's the link....

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/sexy-corals/150311-its-true-sexy-has-reef-ready-jawdropper-want-one-%3D.html

jroovers

Super Active Member
That is absolutely nuts.  :eek:  It looks nice but at that price is absolutely ridiculous.  That said, there seems to be no shortage of people who will line up to pay and say they have a piece lol, I'm definitely not one of them.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
For one it never looks as nice as that picture, and secondly that price is just stupid.  Srs

Just a few years ago you never heard of an sps frag selling over $100. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
Too many pop up on my phone see the price how much is  it

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

First 2 frags $1000, $1200 from now on they say.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
For one it never looks as nice as that picture, and secondly that price is just stupid.  Srs

Just a few years ago you never heard of an sps frag selling over $100. 

Idk Darryl I think mine looks better than the pics....
You would think SC could take a better pic of their own when trying to sell it for $1200... If they saturated the pic like the ones posted on their website then maybe it would fetch $2000 lol
The price is outrageous no doubt.... I thought those who got a frag around here were paying a lot but holy cow it looks like we all stole it from jay lol.
I'm still waiting for the RR Bleeding Avengers Acro.... I think it looks even better than the JD IMO....

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I dont think you stole from Jay at ~$300.  The mark up on that is still probably x1000%  Hardly a steal.

SO yours frag looks like this?  http://s855.photobucket.com/user/sexycorals/media/feb%20live%20sale/jdjd_zps7c0e9beb.jpg.html

Got a picture of yours?

spyd

Super Active Member
I can't wait for mine to grow! I will be able to retire in a few years by the looks of it.  ;D

That is just a crazy stupid price and people are definitely retarded to pay that much for a frag. I spent WAY more than I imagined I ever would for a frag and it doesn't even come close to that price tag. Supply and demand I guess or just plain stupidity who knows...

spyd

Super Active Member
I saw Bens the other day. He has some great colour on his but it's still not like that pic. I have yet to see one that nice.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them lol.  RR has certainly been able to garner a name for themselves and have cornered the high quality SPS market both locally and in the U.S. by the sounds of it.

That said, almost 100% of the RR pieces I've seen in person look nothing like the pictures floating around on forums or the net. I've never seen the need to visit their store. I have a couple RR pieces myself, and overall really have found them nice, but underwhelming for the price tag.  My RR pink Floyd is pretty nice, but at present I wouldn't say it was worth the $75 I paid for it.  Maybe in the future if/when it grows out that will change.  Some of these premium RR SPS that garner huge prices aren't even as nice as a $10 frag, but because it is RR it is somehow special.  Red Diablo is a prime example, from what I've seen in person it isn't even as nice as a piece of orange digitata. 

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
jroovers link said:
Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them lol.  RR has certainly been able to garner a name for themselves and have cornered the high quality SPS market both locally and in the U.S. by the sounds of it.

That said, almost 100% of the RR pieces I've seen in person look nothing like the pictures floating around on forums or the net. I've never seen the need to visit their store. I have a couple RR pieces myself, and overall really have found them nice, but underwhelming for the price tag.  My RR pink Floyd is pretty nice, but at present I wouldn't say it was worth the $75 I paid for it.  Maybe in the future if/when it grows out that will change.  Some of these premium RR SPS that garner huge prices aren't even as nice as a $10 frag, but because it is RR it is somehow special.  Red Diablo is a prime example, from what I've seen in person it isn't even as nice as a piece of orange digitata.
I should have came up with a catchy name for that Nana plana. Oh wait. I'm not reef raft.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
At this level I think it just becomes a collection piece.  The gotta have it cause I can and you dont.  But remember its the ocean, and RR especially is know for bringing in more "mother" colonies.

I usually dont knock the collectors too much cause I know that feeling but I think its just gotten out of hand lately, especially with this RR stuff.  $100 ok, $200 hmm alright must be something really special (spent $300 on avengers that went poof myself, regret it) but $1000 is just out there, to the moon.

Its true that some of the nicest and hardiest SPS can be had for very little.  I got caught up in the RR etc collector game for a bit.  That was after I got my favorite ORA, tyree.  But at least the ORA and tyree stuff was proven captive grown and not costing hundreds.  My mind set has changed a bit, Im no longer worried about having the latest greatest.  Thats the biggest gamble IMO, especially when the stakes get raised to $1000. 

Thanh

100-200$ per frags is ok if it look nice. but someone on here trying to sale me  a 1 inch frags of the Diablo for 600 buck..crazy

spyd

Super Active Member
$600 for a Diablo???? Yikes!!! I will cut you a nice on when mine grows a bit more for a fraction of that cost and I mean a fraction. lol. The original is a proven grower and fast at that.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I didn't even buy a JD, I can't justify $350 for a frag of a coral that isn't really that nice (this is my opinion).  The RR OP is the best acro I have seen.  Its the best cause its hardy, great colours and has been around for well over a year now and the colours are still great, and are also great in other peoples systems (shipped quite a few of these, never once had a complaint). 

The bleeding avengers and the pretty in pink are the next nicest I have seen, the other "new releases" SEEMED like just regular acros with fancy names and outrageous prices (yup, I said it).  Some people really liked them, I even sold them, but they were not for me.

Don't feel bad Darryl, I bought the Avengers colony and its now toast, lasted about a year and did absolutely nothing. 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
BIGSHOW link said:
I didn't even buy a JD, I can't justify $350 for a frag of a coral that isn't really that nice (this is my opinion).  The RR OP is the best acro I have seen.  Its the best cause its hardy, great colours and has been around for over a year now. 

The bleeding avengers and the pretty in pink are the next nicest I have seen, the other \"new releases\" SEEMED like just regular acros with fancy names and outrageous prices (yup, I said it).  Some people really liked them, I even sold them, but they were not for me.

Don't feel bad Darryl, I bought the Avengers colony and its now toast, lasted about a year and did absolutely nothing. 

Dave, are you saying I might be the only one left with an actual living piece of the Avengers??
Sorry to hear about yours buddy.... Mine has held steady in colour ever since I got it but never showed any growth....as of late the base has begun to recede... :( I'm hoping for the best because I think that acro is one of a kind....never really seen anything like it.... I would definitely put it up there with the rarest of the rare but from what I've heard it seems like no one has kept it alive yet....

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Reef Hero link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=7881.msg82642#msg82642 date=1393001871]
I didn't even buy a JD, I can't justify $350 for a frag of a coral that isn't really that nice (this is my opinion).  The RR OP is the best acro I have seen.  Its the best cause its hardy, great colours and has been around for over a year now. 

The bleeding avengers and the pretty in pink are the next nicest I have seen, the other \"new releases\" SEEMED like just regular acros with fancy names and outrageous prices (yup, I said it).  Some people really liked them, I even sold them, but they were not for me.

Dave, are you saying I might be the only one left with an actual living piece of the Avengers??
Sorry to hear about yours buddy.... Mine has held steady in colour ever since I got it but never showed any growth....as of late the base has begun to recede... :( I'm hoping for the best because I think that acro is one of a kind....never really seen anything like it.... I would definitely put it up there with the rarest of the rare but from what I've heard it seems like no one has kept it alive yet....
[/quote]

You just may Ben.  I did ship some out West, but none of made it past a few months.  Shitty that it is starting to recede, I hope you can keep it.  Jay does say he has more, so I don't know.