RR JawDropper Acro Has Landed In The USA!!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Back to the JD now....
I will try to get a pic up of mine. Probably won't be tonite tho....
I'm kinda surprised you didn't get a frag of it Dave.... It seems to be a decent grower so far.... I would compare it to the growth of the RR OP but then again everything responds differently in different tanks.... I was calling the JD a Reverse OP because it's body is orange/green hues with blue polyps whereas the OP is opposite....
Also, my man Jason Fox has some acros and montis from his collection that put most RR pieces to shame IMO.... His latest two new montis are off the hook!!!

I think my Tricolour acro is very nice.... Maybe one of my nicest and a great grower at that.... But I can't seem to sell frags of it for even $20 lol

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I just checked out the thread on Reef2Reef.  People are, well, CRAZY.

The first pics look nothing like the new pics.  So, why would anyone pay 1k for something that doesn't look like it originally looked like? Why would you think the colour it is now is going to be stay or morph back?

People are crazy, I thought I was bad.

It is still a nice piece in the new photos, but looks very little like the original photo. 

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
My few RR pieces a pale in comparison to my MRT collection.  8)

...and I gave Ben's Tricolour props in the sale thread but of course my endorsement counts for  :poop: lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7881.msg82665#msg82665 date=1393013033]
That's insane.  You could get a nice smith and wesson for that price.  :)
you could probably get 2 with the serial number scratched off ;)

[/quote]
...and just like that, you get yourself on the CSEC monitoring program (if you weren't already)  ;)

jroovers

Super Active Member
Big_Als_London link said:
I should have came up with a catchy name for that Nana plana. Oh wait. I'm not reef raft.

Aaron's Rediculously Reasonably Priced Acro Plana.  I thought Duke already gave it a clever name.  Not really worth the $60 I spent on it IMO.  ;D

12683104284_77e21236f5_b.jpg

12682624785_73c003a642_b.jpg

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
jroovers link said:
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=7881.msg82631#msg82631 date=1393000059]
I should have came up with a catchy name for that Nana plana. Oh wait. I'm not reef raft.

Aaron's Rediculously Reasonably Priced Acro Plana.  I thought Duke already gave it a clever name.  Not really worth the $60 I spent on it IMO.  ;D

12683104284_77e21236f5_b.jpg

12682624785_73c003a642_b.jpg

[/quote]That looks awesome Jordan. Are you getting any growth out of it yet?

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
That is an awesome looking Plana!!!!! Looks almost identical to the same species that is most often nicknamed the Crayola....
Have you checked out any pics of that piece Jordan? Do you think it's the same?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jroovers

Super Active Member
Duke has had the same coral longer so he may be a better gauge of growth.  Mine has coloured up and has shown some growth, but I haven't had it long.  I agree, similar if not identical to the "crayola" plana.  When people come look at my tank, including people in the know, they usually point out the most colourful coral that catches their eye, a lot of which is non name brand... and after a while they notice the "higher end" pieces, and say "oh, really?".  Anyhow, things are only worth what someone is willing to pay... you can pay for colour, you can pay for a name, or you can pay for a blend of both.  Either way, lets make sure we pass along plenty of frags of those pieces that haven proven their worth in captivity.  :)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Haha most people who see a coral reef tank probably don't even care about the corals or "rocks"...... Seems like it's the fish that catch their attention lol
And for some reason they all think we need to get a sweet shark in there haha

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Reef Hero link said:
That is an awesome looking Plana!!!!! Looks almost identical to the same species that is most often nicknamed the Crayola....
Have you checked out any pics of that piece Jordan? Do you think it's the same?.

According to Melev's Reef that's exactly what the crayola is - Crayola Acropora (Acropora plana).  His picture is kind of blurry unfortunately...

td_crayola.jpg