Seized Powerhead Fix

heath

Distinguished Member
I did when it first quit running.. it would run and shut off..if I wasn't so cheap I should have bought another unit..

heath

Distinguished Member
I Have a failed WP40 as well (Lasted 4+ years however)

This fix didn't work... Pump will run for a few minutes then quit.. =( Replacement on order from Pets and Ponds

I ordered one on Wednesday and low and behold it came today, kudos to pets n ponds for great service and really surprised that Canada post got here that fast.. going to put it in the tank tomorrow... happy day for the fishies...

Cool ... well good luck with it. From reading posts on the internet the RW series apparently have a wider and perhaps slightly more powerful flow compared to the WP series.

heath

Distinguished Member
well, its in the tank and I really don't see much difference... the fish aren't sure what to make of it, a couple have been blown a bit..

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Cool ... well good luck with it. From reading posts on the internet the RW series apparently have a wider and perhaps slightly more powerful flow compared to the WP series.
It has a much wider flow pattern. I prefer the rw over the wp.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

4Hummer

Since my WP-40 can't be fixed with this trick, I ordered a RW-20 as a replacement From Pets and Ponds last week,

I Had to send it back It was FAR to powerful. Even on the lowest setting (1) the wave maker was blowing sand around.
(And that's in a 6 foot long 125 gallon)

So for anyone looking to replace a WP pump

RW-20 replaces the WP-60
RW-15 replaces the WP-40
RW-8 replaces the WP-25
RW-4 replaces the WP-10

heath

Distinguished Member
I ordered the rw15 to replace my wp40.. great little unit and yes they are powerful, I've had to dial mine back, it was blowing water out of the tank...

Pipes

Since my WP-40 can't be fixed with this trick, I ordered a RW-20 as a replacement From Pets and Ponds last week,

I Had to send it back It was FAR to powerful. Even on the lowest setting (1) the wave maker was blowing sand around.
(And that's in a 6 foot long 125 gallon)

So for anyone looking to replace a WP pump

RW-20 replaces the WP-60
RW-15 replaces the WP-40
RW-8 replaces the WP-25
RW-4 replaces the WP-10
Thanks for doing the research for us. Hopefully this will save someone from having to send their unit back as well.