Sps Meltdown..again.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
I have never used it for tank dosing myself. It is super effective for direct spot treatment out of the tank but there are many threads on Google on in tank use though with mixed results. Also to use as a spot treatment for patches that don't respond to the tech m.

My new magic bullet parasite killer Chloroquine Phosphate is also being investigated as an algaecide. Not corals safe...but safe with corals removed...
Im just trying to avoid taking my plumbing apart to clean it..

heath

Distinguished Member
didn't you use the flex pipe, don't skimp on the cleaning of the plumbing with all of the work that you are going to be doing...it might be a very cheap investment to take it apart and possibly soak it in the tub, might be easier to flush it that way...don't forget to clean all of your equipment in the sump, skimmer and return pump.. you have no idea where the shit came from so don't take any chances that you might miss some stray spores...

heath

Distinguished Member
depending how much plumbing there is, you might be better off just buying a new piece of pvc..you sure don't want to go through this again for the sake of a 20.00 piece...

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Oh that's perfect. I'm nights this and next week as well. If game goes as planned I'll be moving stuff around in my basement and making water by Saturday morning. Question is......Riley you ready to move those frags?
okey doke ! I'll pm you my phone number so you can text or call

Cliff

I know a buddy who emptied his tank and ran bleach in his water with all the pipes going for a couple days. He did this to get rid of a manjo infestation. Won't that work here to clean all your pipes?

heath

Distinguished Member
that would be a perfect solution but, he has to remove his fish and I think he has some concerns about them being out of the tank that long...

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Yeah if i buy new plumbing tho it has to sit and cure for 24 hours. I dont see why dosing with peroxide wont work since ive read other threads where they dose the tank rocks corals and all.. id just like to avoid having to move the tank and dismantle everything.

heath

Distinguished Member
it doesn't have to sit for 24 hrs, when we switched the tank over a couple of weeks ago, it was all done in the matter of hours... maybe as some one suggested, run the cleaning mixture through the system after you clean the plumbing...what you are doing is a lot of work so do skimp out on the plumbing..

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Just pull a swab thru the plumbing soaked in bleach. Rinse and repeat
That would mean id have to cut all the plumbing off, and basically have to replace it..and empty the whole tank. And replace all the water..that cant really be done. Itll take days to make another 135+ gallons of water.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
I dont know if theyre all threaded or not.. i dont think i can unthread the return tho since it runs under the tank and over to the sump. Not really a way to get it out to unthread it.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Rent or buy an electric wire pulling snake. Fish it thru the pipes. Attach a rope, pull rope thru pipe. Once rope thru tie swab onto rope and pull thru pipe more until it pops out. Then pull back again. Much like cleaning a shotgun barrel

Cliff

Cut the hose. Buy some couplers splice it back together. I do this all the time when I flip fish tanks. Very easy to do. Borrow another rodi filter get two going at once. I always have two on hand minnimum. If u need one u can borrow one from me. If you don't take the extra few hours to clean the tank properly you will regret it when all that dang stuff comes back in a few months. If u need to borrow any equipment lmk I will prob have all u need but it will mean a trip to Dunnville lol

heath

Distinguished Member
Yeah if i buy new plumbing tho it has to sit and cure for 24 hours. I dont see why dosing with peroxide wont work since ive read other threads where they dose the tank rocks corals and all.. id just like to avoid having to move the tank and dismantle everything.

watched a you tube video tonite and the guy used peroxide on his tank and it nuked and KILLED everything in the tank..do you want to risk it...

heath

Distinguished Member
Theyre wont be anything in the tank except potentially fish.

on the video, the only fish that survived were a clown and I believe a shrimp... Craig, is a great person, listen to his advise, I know that you have received a lot of information from members and if it doesn't feel right don't do it...