Thanks and thoughts

RYOUNVS

davesolo29 link said:
I see your buddy is over on AP trashing frag fest again.  Going on about driving 5 hours and paying to see the \"same ol\" corals. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is "AP"? I need to go and look now. Could this guy happen to have initials starting with I and ending in A?

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=8427.msg90229#msg90229 date=1397526674]
I think our banned list is only three people.  Other than lonely housewives(which I'm not really sure whose bright idea it was to ban them) and spammers.
Whoa... who banned lonely housewives?!?!
[/quote]
I know!!!  You and I would NEVER have done that!

davesolo29

Super Active Member
RYOUNVS link said:
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=8427.msg90212#msg90212 date=1397524862]
I see your buddy is over on AP trashing frag fest again.  Going on about driving 5 hours and paying to see the \"same ol\" corals. Lmao

What is "AP"? I need to go and look now. Could this guy happen to have initials starting with I and ending in A?
[/quote]
I doubt it. Bill wouldn't hide behind alias's.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I agree, I didn't even suspect him.  I did some sleuthing and found his online ID and photo:
Funny-UglyMan.jpg

AdamS

Salty Cracker link said:
I should have taken a picture of Rick mopping,

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. Between downing that beer in the 40 degree heat, watching BeanBagFrags load a truck load of equipment into his Isetta and watching Rick mop, I was much too overwhelmed to take any pictures. That's my excuse.

Salty Cracker link said:
but Adam stayed from 9 to 5 pretty much, that's too cool.

If you ask me, it was no big deal. If you ask my wife you would swear 9 to 5 was September to May...

Salty Cracker link said:
Reef Wholesale, Proline Aquatics, Reef Hero, Davesolo29, Aqua Digital, Bean Bag Frags, Sealife Central, JT Custom Acrylics, BIGSHOW FRAGS, and Canada Corals. 

These prizes were awesome. They woulda been awesomer if I won...

Salty Cracker link said:
3) Final tally is $1532.50 Ronald McDonald house. 

To the guy who hates charities: I started helping helping at 9am so that I could get in before the gate started, then I just stayed in and never paid the $5...just doing my part to take down the greedy charities. We should get together, you know, talk shop...

Salty Cracker link said:
I will likely look at different options for the event next year... Ideally I would love to have much better climate control, and everyone on the same level.  The bar was a nice option but not a necessity.    Parking, ease of access and lack of carpeting are my prime criteria, so I will see if I can find something to match. It seems like it's an event that could only grow, but I am open to suggestions

One thing to consider is the access to the 401 for all the out of towners, Lambeth is pretty good for that.

Well done Glen, I was there all day and didn't have to do much, the event was well planned.

KingTang

Oooops...posted this in the photos thread by accident...meant to post it here...so here it is

I was looking forward to finally seeing Fragalot. Been going to their site for years and never pulled the trigger on an online order. So I was excited when I seen the floor plan and they were part of the frag fest. Drove two hours. Went on a hunt to find Fragalot booth and was disappointed it wasn't there.

Then I go home and bring up the website and it doesn't exist anymore.

Any ideas?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
That's weird.  It might explain why it looked soooo empty on the lower level, he was supposed to be between reef hero and MAST.  According to my records he paid, Dean (doorman)  did say some people had not showed up near show time, but then there was a lot of activity right near zero hour.

Anyone know what happened?  I don't think I see any emails about it ??

Hopefully you found some sweet frags anyway, I only casually looked in some of the tanks (I don't have an inch of free space in my tank), and there were some amazing pieces....

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I may have to implement a policy of "no fish" at the fest.  I'm not sure, but I'm going to check with my contact at the city... there's a good chance that while coral is not covered under the 'busker's permit' rules, fish likely are, which would add another $500 to the cost of the event.  I just never thought people would bag up fish and drag them to an event not knowing if they would sell of not.  Seems a bit hard on the fish to be honest, at least I know coral is really hardy for the most part, fish.... I don't know.

Just thinking out loud here.  I want to make sure my butt is covered with the feds. 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
I may have to implement a policy of \"no fish\" at the fest.  I'm not sure, but I'm going to check with my contact at the city... there's a good chance that while coral is not covered under the 'busker's permit' rules, fish likely are, which would add another $500 to the cost of the event.  I just never thought people would bag up fish and drag them to an event not knowing if they would sell of not.  Seems a bit hard on the fish to be honest, at least I know coral is really hardy for the most part, fish.... I don't know.

Just thinking out loud here.  I want to make sure my butt is covered with the feds. 

it was a bit odd but i bought one and his prices were pretty darn good and he had a few you rarely see anywhere in London. Hopefully its ok because i like fish!! ;-) .
did anyone pick up that hybrid yellow/scopas tang?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
If anyone does want a hybrid (gold) scopas tang. I believe he was asking $120-130 for the bagged fish. I would be able to do for same price if someone is after one and didn't see the one being sold.

jeff.l

Last I heard burc had hurt himself pretty bad and was shut down for a while. 

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk