That plane that got lost.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Holy shit americans are stupid.  (no real offense to any americans here, just the stupid ones).

I chat with my 'merican bretheren online, but lately...man it's just too much.  Without knowing ANYTHING about that plane that went down (just heard about it yesterday to be honest), they IMMEDIATELY believe the media telling them it's terrorists (I think the pilot has a terrorist name or some stupid shit like that). 

Here's some of their comments, and I assure you, they are real, and they REALLY think this way:

-------
I wonder if it is possible to spoof another aircraft's identity in the radar transponder?  Anyone know if those systems are encrypted and tightly controlled?
I could see a smart group doing this... loading the plane with explosives, flying toward a 'scheduled' landing at an urban area airport , then taking a last second diversion to the target.
Shit, if you factor explosives into the mix, they might be able to take down a newer fortified building like the new WTC tower one. 
I hope those systems can't be spoofed

This still may have been a heist - apparently (according to the article Jess posted) gold and currency is sometimes shipped via these flights, and the pilot is told when it happens.

If it was for a terrorist strike, I'm just not sure how they're going to get the plane close to anything important for a terrorist attack without someone's radar detecting it...

It takes 9-15 seconds to go unconscious at 45,000 feet without oxygen.  The pilot said "alright goodnight." then went to 45K. Then there were no calls made by passengers over land right after.

This plot is reminiscent of 9/11 for me in the sense that it is an ingenious, imaginative plan, executed with planning and precision.  There is no way this doesn't turn out to be al Queda IMHO.  The fact that they probably have a plane right now is terrifying. I am very glad I don't work in a high rise

My theory is that some terrorist group, like Chinese separatists, hijacked the plane. But they were an independent "cell" and didn't telegraph their plans (thus no group has claimed responsibility). And they were really bad hijackers and did a shitty job and crashed the plane without anyone knowing their motives.

I can't get past the two independent comm systems being turned off minutes apart (hinting at a manual intervention). And if the plane was still around - someone - would have heard about it or gotten word out by now.

------------

and it goes on and on like that.  So I call up my tenant who is a current Air Canada 777 pilot, and say "so what do you think?".  He says "fire".  Electrical fire, and if you look at the route the plane turned, it's directly towards the closest airport that could handle that aircraft.  They would have killed the electrical immediately to try and contain the fire, which would knock out all the systems they can't figure out why they were off."

it's funny that even the devout republicans among my friends immediately start watching CNN and believe every word.  My concern is that someday CNN is going to say that Canada is filled with drunk terrorists, and they will turn on us.

sorry just had to vent.  If I vent to them, they think I'm al quaeda (or however you spell it). 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
CNN is the least of our worries but they are laughable.

The speculation is crazy.

I say Aliens.  That or future mankind is stealing the plane and the people on the plane to repopulate the earth.  See the future earth is so polluted that it has turned mankind infertile.

Im sure there is a movie here somewhere.

harleymike

Super Active Member
This one makes the most sense. And yes Americans are as brain washed by there government as people in other countries. My dad is an american, so I can say that.
check out this link
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

AdamS

The coolest thing I learned from this whole thing was the existence of this website...

www.flightradar24.com

I just love watching all those little planes everywhere.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
CNN is the least of our worries but they are laughable.

The speculation is crazy.

I say Aliens.  That or future mankind is stealing the plane and the people on the plane to repopulate the earth.  See the future earth is so polluted that it has turned mankind infertile.

Im sure there is a movie here somewhere.

Right on...It was done...They discover that all the bodies on a crashed plane were already dead...turns out time travellers swap out all the people from doomed aircraft...can't remember the name of it but it was a low rent B-Sci-fi flick in the late eighties early nineties.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The pilot manually changed the course of the plane in international air, meaning that no one country could impose on the plane. Moments later he said "Goodnight" as the last radio communication. The pilot then shut off the communications and tracking systems separately. No emergency calls came from the people or staff on the plane.

Some say a fire, but that would not cause the communications to stop at separate intervals. It also would not explain the sudden unplanned change in coarse. When the plan changed coarse, there was radio communication of the pilot saying that all was OK. Again, no authorities were notified to intercept as they were in international air.

There is more then one pilot/staff on these plans, no communication from anyone, means either they were all in it together or the pilot stopped the others from intervening.

Why can a pilot kill off any communication and tracking manually from the flying plan? That is a little unnerving knowing that a pilot can just shut off the signal and go where ever he/she wants.

The cell phones of the passengers are still ringing, suggesting that the phones are still on and within a cell coverage are. IF the plan had gone kaboom, cells would go straight to voice-mail. Also, there are in flight phones that would have worked for riders who wanted to make calls in the cell dead areas. No communications went out, suggesting they were possibly disabled as well. Or there was a sudden decompression of the cabin causing a black out of passengers. But how would that happen so coincidentally right after the pilot changed coarse, then rose to 45,000ft then killed communications seperately? For that kind of decompression, someone would have had to open/blow out a door, again, planned.

The captain of MH 370 is a card-carrying member of Anwar Ibrahim -- and an extremely distant relative. Hours before the Malaysia Airlines flight vanished en route to Beijing on March 8, Anwar, de facto leader of the People's Justice Party, was sentenced to five years in jail after a court overturned his 2012 acquittal on a sodomy charge.

Zaharie Ahmad Shah's flight simulator has deleted files that they can not recover at this point.

Was it hi-jacked? IMHO, of coarse it was, too many coincidences for anyone to think otherwise. Why did they hi-jack the plane? No idea yet. The Chinese would not negotiate for their civilians, maybe Nike is looking for new employees. There was one American IBM employee, but who cares. There was also 2 people who boarded that plane with stolen passports. This was pre planned IMHO, there would be tons of WWII landing strips in the area that could accommodate that plane. I think we will see that plane again one day soon, probably stripped and repainted. But now we all know that a plane can shut off their communications and fly undiscovered by radar.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Heh, am just texting my buddy now, he's flying an airbus out of phoenix in 1 hour.  He said they squashed the story of the fire already, and now even he believes it was hijacked. 

So there you go.  Maybe torx is on the money :)

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
That is really scary to think that thats all it takes stillafter 9/11,  probabbly somewhat simple disconnnections and walla, you have an invisible hijacked plan that noone can find. Youd think theyd have that kind of stuff untouchable per say. Or atleast impossible.to get to from inside the plane.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
http://www.flightradar24.com/ACA590/2ed5562

I always watch my wife's plane to make sure it's not hijacked.  I'm watching my tenant fly to toronto right now.  I told him to keep the cockpit door locked so he should be okay....UNLESS HE IS A TERRORIST!!!

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
They are pilots... They are trained to turn switches and stuff on and off because there is alwys a scenario where you may need to turn it off. I am more unnerved by the drivers I pass on the highway everyday.  I don't fly for an airline but I am a commercial pilot licence holder, which makes me about as qualified as everyoen else:) 

My bet is that whether or not the pilot was in on it or not.  The plane was turned intentionally, comms killed intentionally, but I am betting the damn thing crashed before it got where it was going. 

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
It had well over 6 hours of fuel left and a trained crew. It didnt crash.

Another theory is that planes are used to transport currency and gold, of which the pilot is notified prior to take off. Who knows what was in that cargo hold. The government over there is giving limited and sketchy answers leaving me questioning what may have been on that plane.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Torx link said:
It had well over 6 hours of fuel left and a trained crew. It didnt crash.

Another theory is that planes are used to transport currency and gold, of which the pilot is notified prior to take off. Who knows what was in that cargo hold. The government over there is giving limited and sketchy answers leaving me questioning what may have been on that plane.
That's the kind of stuff CNN keeps doing though..."WHAT WAS IN THE CARGO HOLD?!?!".  There could have been the holy grail, spear of destiny and a cool Frisbee in there....they could have landed and swiped the stuff by now. 

I figure I'll just stop thinking about it now, and check it out again in 10 years and see if they figured it out or not. :)

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
yup, you really have to look to find any news on Crimea and Russia at the moment... as soon as another republican gets into office ww3 will surely follow

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
yup, you really have to look to find any news on Crimea and Russia at the moment... as soon as another republican gets into office ww3 will surely follow

we should start another topics on russia and crimea vs Ukraine and the world haha :)