The firearms debate is over, NFA has no class

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
why?
i actually agree with what i just read... what part of it was wrong?
Jesus and Guns Brandon.....no offence but I find these two things often in contradict of each other, yet tons of people have beliefs this way.

Um....I have a pretty low caring level of what an organization like NFA might say about the horrible shooting but to turn a mass murder into an argument against gun control is pretty moronic.  Plus they have some hugely heavy statements like
Incidents like these demonstrate the validity of the mounting evidence that none of Canada's firearms control efforts over the past 50 years have had any effect on preventing violence, or otherwise stopping bad people from carrying out their evil deeds.
with no data to back it up what so ever, just a mouth flapping.

If more relaxed gun laws lead to less mass shootings (or even gun violence) than the comparative data between the U.S and Canada would be reversed.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=8929.msg96089#msg96089 date=1402010155]
why?
i actually agree with what i just read... what part of it was wrong?
Jesus and Guns Brandon.....really.

Um....I have a pretty low caring level of what an organization like NFA might say about the horrible shooting but to turn a mass murder into an argument against gun control is pretty moronic.  Plus they have some hugely heavy statements like
Incidents like these demonstrate the validity of the mounting evidence that none of Canada's firearms control efforts over the past 50 years have had any effect on preventing violence, or otherwise stopping bad people from carrying out their evil deeds.
with no data to back it up what so ever, just a mouth flapping.

If more relaxed gun laws lead to less mass shootings (or even gun violence) than the comparative data between the U.S and Canada would be reversed.
[/quote]

lol i deleted my comment, i didnt feel like getting into a debate haha
but ill say this

the ANTI gun nuts will come out right shortly, crying bloody mary begging the government to get rid of the big bad evil weapons of mass destruction.  these pro gun guys just beat them to it....

insensitive, of course... hence why i deleted my comment, i dont want to seem like an insensitive guy....
opinionated? of course, but down right WRONG? not a chance

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
we have been down this road before though.... and i still stand by what i said before... more/better mental health facilities, and better screening/diagnosis systems in place.... thats what lowers the number of crazy ppl in the streets...
this was also mentioned in the link

i also want to hear the whole story of this guy in Moncton, i have cousins out there, that are FRIENDS with this guy.... they all said he was a normal fellow... pro guns yea.... but so am i, and im not just going to go on a shooting spree and start killing people...
theres more there not telling us, and i want to know what and why

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
ha.  I love a good debate as long as it doesnt get too personal and feelings dont get hurt.

Im not going to search for data but I'm pretty sure a statement like the one I quoted are wrong.  Read it, its very sweeping and broad to say that none of Canada's firearm control efforts over the past 50 years have had any effect on preventing violence.    That is a ridiculous statement.  If that was they case than we should have no laws regulating firearms at all.

And once you say something untruthful to get a talking point, your argument is dead in the water.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
ha.  I love a good debate as long as it doesnt get too personal and feelings dont get hurt.

Im not going to search for data but I'm pretty sure a statement like the one I quoted are wrong.  Read it, its very sweeping and broad to say that none of Canada's firearm control efforts over the past 50 years have had any effect on preventing violence.    That is a ridiculous statement.  If that was they case than we should have no laws regulating firearms at all.

And once you say something untruthful to get a talking point, your argument is dead in the water.

but without looking into details, look at all the money spent on gun regs and licenses and bans and classification etc etc... has ALL that crap prevented violence TOTALLY?
no, it hasnt, has it prevented some violence? probably, BUT we'll never know that will we.....

so their not wrong technically speaking... :p

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
we have been down this road before though.... and i still stand by what i said before... more/better mental health facilities, and better screening/diagnosis systems in place.... thats what lowers the number of crazy ppl in the streets...

i also want to hear the whole story of this guy in Moncton, i have cousins out there, that are FRIENDS with this guy.... they all said he was a normal fellow...
Well that part about him being a normal fellow kinda goes against your stance that all we need is better mental health care.

pro guns yea.... but so am i, and im not just going to go on a shooting spree and start killing people...
How do we know?
The government brainwashed him into doing it.......

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=8929.msg96102#msg96102 date=1402014123]

but without looking into details, look at all the money spent on gun regs and licenses and bans and classification etc etc... has ALL that crap prevented violence TOTALLY?
no, it hasnt, has it prevented some violence? probably, BUT we'll never know that will we.....

so their not wrong technically speaking... :p
[/quote]AH yes technically speaking they are wrong because they said that NONE of Canadas gun laws have done ANYTHING to prevent violence.  That is FALSE, a stretch, lie what ever you want to call it, its not true.

ah but your saying because the crimes laws prevent never happen, how do we know any would have happened at all.  Some real jedi mind shit.  But in that case how do we know the sun will rise tomorrow?  If I make a statement that it will, can we say its not the truth.  In your world, sure.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=8929.msg96101#msg96101 date=1402013942]

i also want to hear the whole story of this guy in Moncton, i have cousins out there, that are FRIENDS with this guy.... they all said he was a normal fellow...
Well that part about him being a normal fellow kinda goes against your stance that all we need is better mental health care.

pro guns yea.... but so am i, and im not just going to go on a shooting spree and start killing people...
How do we know?
The government brainwashed him into doing it.......
[/quote]

i dont have the answer as to HOW to catch mental people before they do crazy shit, i just know thats the way to go rather than ban anything that they could use (guns, golf clubs, their hands, knives, baseball bats, cars, fire, etc etc)
" how do we know?"
i guess you dont know..., should prob take away my gun collection.... but i also have a very large knife collection, several sets of throwing knives i could do serious damage with..... should prob ban those too.... maybe take the kitchen knives while your at it....

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Better mental facilities won't change anything. It's usually already too late for something "mental" to be "diagnosed"

Like you said normal guy...did his family doctor check his mental stability.

It's going to take some miracle doctor to tell someone they are "mental" and going to go on a shooting.

What if he didn't/doesn't use health care... Who's going to tell him he can't walk the streets and carry and gun for that matter. I know people with criminal backgrounds that own firearms, legally. Are they bad people? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
A gun ultimately has one purpose.  Golf clubs, kitchen knives, your hands.....they have other purposes.  Plus try to kill mulitiple people at a distance with any of those things.  Seriously I dare you.  :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
A gun ultimately has one purpose.  Golf clubs, kitchen knives, your hands.....they have other purposes.  Plus they try to kill mulitiple people at a distance with any of those things.  Seriously I dare you.  :)

I know people who use guns as "darts". (Target shooting), that's all they do, never shot an animal.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I will end my arguments with, Im not totally against gun ownership nor am I for super strong gun laws but I hate arguments on either side that are extreme and baseless such as the one I read in the original post from the NFA.  That was my point.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
unibob link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=8929.msg96110#msg96110 date=1402015053]
A gun ultimately has one purpose.  Golf clubs, kitchen knives, your hands.....they have other purposes.  Plus they try to kill mulitiple people at a distance with any of those things.  Seriously I dare you.  :)

I know people who use guns as "darts". (Target shooting), that's all they do, never shot an animal.

[/quote]Sure.  You can fire rubber bullets or use any other machine that propels objects that is less leathal than a fire arm (which has one purpose).  OR you can leave your gun at the range.  You have options here. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=unibob link=topic=8929.msg96111#msg96111 date=1402015180]

[/quote]Sure.  You can fire rubber bullets or use any other machine that propels objects that is less leathal than a fire arm (which has one purpose).  OR you can leave your gun at the range.  You have options here. 
[/quote]

you here the story of the knife wielding attackers in china that killed 70 people??

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:

[/quote]

Real bullets, but I understand what you are saying both about article and having the option to leave it at range.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
A gun ultimately has one purpose.  Golf clubs, kitchen knives, your hands.....they have other purposes.  Plus try to kill mulitiple people at a distance with any of those things.  Seriously I dare you.  :)

of course... i have guns to defend myself,
i also use those guns for fun, target shooting, trap shooting, varmit control, no real gun person is going to deny that his guns aren't for self defense in the extreme situations.

and i can hit an apple of your head from 30 ft with knives.... if you hold still.... haha

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=8929.msg96113#msg96113 date=1402015341]

[/quote]

you here the story of the knife wielding attackers in china that killed 70 people??

[/quote]I cant seem to find a news story to back that up Brandon.  You got a link?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=8929.msg96115#msg96115 date=1402015502]
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=8929.msg96113#msg96113 date=1402015341]

[/quote]

[/quote]I cant seem to find a news story to back that up Brandon.  You got a link?
[/quote]

guess it was 30 dead, 140 injured, i read the first story right when it came out, saying 70+ dead...
either way, alot of people died or were injured by steel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack