The firearms debate is over, NFA has no class

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
they should prob make guns illegal, then there would be no more shootings.
now do this:
they should prob make bombs illegal, then there would be no more bombings
http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2013/04/top_10_deadliest_bombings_on_u.html

my point is, bad people are going to do bad things, you cant strip the rights of everyone to try to control a few because it will be a breach of freedom AND it will be useless and ineffective....

AdamS

Guess i shoulda known i would spark a gun debate, not really my intent. I am all for guns, with lots of control. I do not own any guns but enjoy skeet shooting.

My point was really about them making the first two lines about the victims, then using the attention to further their own interests. Those victims have not even been gone 24 hours....hell they haven't even been identified yet. What it tells me is the people at NFA have no class, and therefore do not get any respect from me at least. I will never even listen to what they have to say, even if I would have agreed with them.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=8929.msg96118#msg96118 date=1402015719]
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=8929.msg96115#msg96115 date=1402015502]
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=8929.msg96113#msg96113 date=1402015341]
[quote author=unibob link=topic=8929.msg96111#msg96111 date=1402015180]

[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=8929.msg96110#msg96110 date=1402015053]
A gun ultimately has one purpose.  Golf clubs, kitchen knives, your hands.....they have other purposes.  Plus they try to kill mulitiple people at a distance with any of those things.  Seriously I dare you.  :)

I know people who use guns as "darts". (Target shooting), that's all they do, never shot an animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]Sure.  You can fire rubber bullets or use any other machine that propels objects that is less leathal than a fire arm (which has one purpose).  OR you can leave your gun at the range.  You have options here. 
[/quote]

you here the story of the knife wielding attackers in china that killed 70 people??

[/quote]I cant seem to find a news story to back that up Brandon.  You got a link?
[/quote]

guess it was 30 dead, 140 injured, i read the first story right when it came out, saying 70+ dead...
either way, alot of people died or were injured by steel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
[/quote]It was an organized terrorist attack. 8 knife wielding people managed to kill 29 people. Now put an AK47 and a hundred round drum in each one of those people's hands and do you think the out come would be worse or better?

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Why does anyone need an assault rifle?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Why does anyone need a million dollar car or mansion?
Because they want one... Haha...
And what's an assault rifle ?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Nobody ever bans cheeseburgers or cigarettes but they both kill a lot more Canadians every year than guns, bullets, knives and explosives put together. 

But hey, if thinking that banning guns from being "legal" in Canada will make the 400 million firearms that exist in North America magically disappear, well more power to you.  All it would do is drive them underground.  How on earth would anyone BAN all guns?  Let's say for a second that you had an across-the-board gun BAN in Canada, and this kook still started shooting police?  Who would you blame then?  If you can't blame legal gun owners, who do you blame?

For the record I think the NFA are total assholes.  I'm a member of CSSA, I have suspicions that the people running the NFA now are actually anti-gun kooks that are purposefully doing whatever they can to make themselves look bad.  They do not, and never have, spoken for me. 

For the record, the "AR" in AR-15 stands for ARMALITE, not "assault rifle".  People sound like they work for the CBC when they talk like that.  Nobody in Canada has an assault rifle, since automatic (select fire) firearms are prohibited here. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a few shotguns and SKS's to bury, and treasure maps to draw. 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
Nobody ever bans cheeseburgers or cigarettes but they both kill a lot more Canadians every year than guns, bullets, knives and explosives put together. 

But hey, if thinking that banning guns from being \"legal\" in Canada will make the 400 million firearms that exist in North America magically disappear, well more power to you.  All it would do is drive them underground.  How on earth would anyone BAN all guns?  Let's say for a second that you had an across-the-board gun BAN in Canada, and this kook still started shooting police?  Who would you blame then?  If you can't blame legal gun owners, who do you blame?

For the record I think the NFA are total assholes.  I'm a member of CSSA, I have suspicions that the people running the NFA now are actually anti-gun kooks that are purposefully doing whatever they can to make themselves look bad.  They do not, and never have, spoken for me. 

For the record, the \"AR\" in AR-15 stands for ARMALITE, not \"assault rifle\".  People sound like they work for the CBC when they talk like that.  Nobody in Canada has an assault rifle, since automatic (select fire) firearms are prohibited here. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a few shotguns and SKS's to bury, and treasure maps to draw.

Well, I promised I wouldn't get involved in this debate but did you seriously just compare guns to cheeseburgers and cigarettes?!?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Tell me that guns kill more people in canada than cigarettes and I'll retract my statement. 

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/84-215-x/2012001/table-tableau/tbl001-eng.htm

GUNS aren't even on the list.  So tell me why it's okay to go into a store and buy a cheeseburger, but not okay to buy a gun?  Why are cigarettes legal, yet cancer is the single biggest cause of death in Canada?  Why isn't the CBC at every bedside when someone dies of lung cancer, screaming for a ban on cigarettes?  BECAUSE it's socially acceptable to smoke.  The government condones it.  The liberals love the sin tax dollars, so they'll never ban them.  Hypocrites. 

It's the media that has villainized guns, there will always be kooks and nutjobs out there that will use whatever means they can to do what they need to do, http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/84-215-x/2012001/table-tableau/tbl001-eng.htm  yet I cannot imagine any reason that cigarettes and fatty foods are sold across the counter.... you can't even buy a tylenol 3 without a prescription but a bucket of KFC can be had by a 5 year old if he has $20. 

Guns are evil, and that's the debate.  There's no logic to the anti gun side, there's perception.  While I won't argue that if somehow every single firearm was magically wiped off the face of the earth the planet might be a better place (until aliens take us over wielding boards with nails in them), but that just straight up won't happen.  So until GOD reaches down and makes them go away, I sleep better at night knowing I have some sort of protection against guys like that kook in moncton.  I don't hate police by any means (quite the opposite) but they can't be everywhere at all times, so the old adage  "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" ring true to me. 

I'm not a proponent of concealed carry, I don't have a hunters permit, I don't think gun ownership is a "right" but instead a privilege,and I think the NFA and the NRA are kooks, and I voted for Chretien.  So I'm not the typical gun nut.  However, I see the stupidity and hypocrisy in the anti gun agenda.  I just want to be left alone to shoot my paper targets, (and sometimes some propane tanks with C4 strapped to it), and leave other people to their cancer sticks and taco bell. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
Oh and Brandon, I should be at the range again at noon tomorrow, if you want to tag along :)

You were out shooting the vector and you didn't invite me?? I'm hurt

AdamS

Salty Cracker link said:

That's cause you are killing yourself with a cheesburger, someone else with a gun...

Salty Cracker link said:
But hey, if thinking that banning guns from being \"legal\" in Canada will make the 400 million firearms that exist in North America magically disappear, well more power to you.  All it would do is drive them underground.  How on earth would anyone BAN all guns?  Let's say for a second that you had an across-the-board gun BAN in Canada, and this kook still started shooting police?  Who would you blame then?  If you can't blame legal gun owners, who do you blame?

You know my stance on guns, I think it is pretty much the same as yours (save the fact that I do not own a gun, nor do I intend to buy one). I was merely stating that the NFA is a joke...

Salty Cracker link said:
For the record I think the NFA are total assholes.

AMEN!

Salty Cracker link said:
For the record, the \"AR\" in AR-15 stands for ARMALITE, not \"assault rifle\".  People sound like they work for the CBC when they talk like that.  Nobody in Canada has an assault rifle, since automatic (select fire) firearms are prohibited here.

That's not totally true.  A friend of mine is a carbine instructor with RCMP and was in Moncton yesterday. He sent me a pic of his assault rifle sitting beside his bed as he went to sleep last night.

Finally, who let that F'n nutjob with the Bruins t-shirt have a gun?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
salty meant no civilian has an assault rifle, because there really is no such thing...

if you want to break it down, OK, assault can stand for full automatic rifle (roughly), but that is completely illegal in canada, and lots of states too.
im not even sure if the police AR's are auto..

and we are not sure  who let the nut job with the bruins shirt have a gun.... apparently he is also allowed to have a membership here on this forum !!! * gasp*

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=8929.msg96140#msg96140 date=1402027627]
Oh and Brandon, I should be at the range again at noon tomorrow, if you want to tag along :)

I'm going today.  That was from the last time you were banned from the range for insensitive comments.
You were out shooting the vector and you didn't invite me?? I'm hurt
[/quote]

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdamS link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=8929.msg96139#msg96139 date=1402027364]

That's cause you are killing yourself with a cheesburger, someone else with a gun...

Salty Cracker link said:

You know my stance on guns, I think it is pretty much the same as yours (save the fact that I do not own a gun, nor do I intend to buy one). I was merely stating that the NFA is a joke...

Salty Cracker link said:
For the record I think the NFA are total assholes.

AMEN!

Salty Cracker link said:

That's not totally true.  A friend of mine is a carbine instructor with RCMP and was in Moncton yesterday. He sent me a pic of his assault rifle sitting beside his bed as he went to sleep last night.

Finally, who let that F'n nutjob with the Bruins t-shirt have a gun?
[/quote]

Here's the thing.... you are NOT killing YOURSELF with the cheeseburger, a COMPANY sold it to you, filled with known hazardous chemicals, and they are slowly killing YOU.  I've lost family members to smoking, but NONE to guns, and two of them were in a war where the enemy was actively hunting them.  Companies sell lethal products to civilians all the time, but that's okay because the media doesn't tell you it's bad. 

Assault rifles are select fire only.  Semi, burst and automatic fire.  Perhaps a cop has an "assault rifle" but we don't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

AdamS

But the company did not force you to eat the cheeseburger, that was a choice, and if you are too dumb to realize all the bad stuff in it, then that is what Mr. Darwin refers to as "Natural Selection". Bullets force their way through skulls. But again, I am pro guns, I just like lotsa controls. If we didn't have guns, ppl would drive cars into crowds, or planes into buildings, or bombs into cars.

BTW, I own stocks in McDonalds, great stock, pays a dividend every quarter and has done so for 40 or 50 years.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
Tell me that guns kill more people in canada than cigarettes and I'll retract my statement. 

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/84-215-x/2012001/table-tableau/tbl001-eng.htm

GUNS aren't even on the list.  So tell me why it's okay to go into a store and buy a cheeseburger, but not okay to buy a gun?  Why are cigarettes legal, yet cancer is the single biggest cause of death in Canada?  Why isn't the CBC at every bedside when someone dies of lung cancer, screaming for a ban on cigarettes?  BECAUSE it's socially acceptable to smoke.  The government condones it.  The liberals love the sin tax dollars, so they'll never ban them.  Hypocrites. 

It's the media that has villainized guns, there will always be kooks and nutjobs out there that will use whatever means they can to do what they need to do, http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/84-215-x/2012001/table-tableau/tbl001-eng.htm  yet I cannot imagine any reason that cigarettes and fatty foods are sold across the counter.... you can't even buy a tylenol 3 without a prescription but a bucket of KFC can be had by a 5 year old if he has $20. 

Guns are evil, and that's the debate.  There's no logic to the anti gun side, there's perception.  While I won't argue that if somehow every single firearm was magically wiped off the face of the earth the planet might be a better place (until aliens take us over wielding boards with nails in them), but that just straight up won't happen.  So until GOD reaches down and makes them go away, I sleep better at night knowing I have some sort of protection against guys like that kook in moncton.  I don't hate police by any means (quite the opposite) but they can't be everywhere at all times, so the old adage  \"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it\" ring true to me. 

I'm not a proponent of concealed carry, I don't have a hunters permit, I don't think gun ownership is a \"right\" but instead a privilege,and I think the NFA and the NRA are kooks, and I voted for Chretien.  So I'm not the typical gun nut.  However, I see the stupidity and hypocrisy in the anti gun agenda.  I just want to be left alone to shoot my paper targets, (and sometimes some propane tanks with C4 strapped to it), and leave other people to their cancer sticks and taco bell. 

I agree with 99% of that Glen.  Im not anti gun.  Just pro sensible regulation.  The fact that you bring up a total gun ban is very typical for someone arguing your side, NO ONE ELSE WAS TALKING ABOUT IT!!!  People with guns are afraid of all sorts of things, attackers, rapers, the government, cheeseburgers and gun banners.  That is like me worrying about getting hit by a bus, statistically speaking, it aint gonna happen.

SO back on to the real debate.  Hamburgers are delicious and there is nothing wrong with them besides some saturated fat and high calories.  I eat cheeseburgers all the time and Im in pretty good shape.  And there are no chemicals in them....c'mon.

Again back to what your were saying Glen.  Guns are here and not going away.  So does that mean we all should have one, or should we all have one and carry it?  Wackos on either side of the argument are going to say yes.  (ie. total ban on guns, everyone own and carry).  Who cares about the wackos.  Neither of these scenarios are likely any time in the foreseeable future. 

THe only real solution IS sensible gun laws/regulation.  The end.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE&list=PLoO6eym0L0F3mJ7qk4ogi8loeiMH8Osrj&feature=share[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYbY45rHj8w&list=PLoO6eym0L0F3mJ7qk4ogi8loeiMH8Osrj&feature=share&index=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuspKSjfgA&feature=share&list=PLoO6eym0L0F3mJ7qk4ogi8loeiMH8Osrj&index=2[/youtube]

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Here is a good one on Texas laws from John Stewart yesterday.  OPEN CARRY, crazy.  This is the direction we need to run from.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/wB7wpPBJnqw[/youtube]

Im not sure why I can't embed this one.

Here is the link.  Watch the whole thing

http://youtu.be/wB7wpPBJnqw

spyd

Super Active Member
Very good point at the end about the "stand your ground" law with the "open carry" law. So, if you feel your life is in danger, you are permitted to use deadly force. So, if some dumb a$$ walks in front of you carrying an AK47 just for the sake of carrying it around, and you feel threatened by that person you are permitted to use deadly force?? Quite the debate when that happens, and that will surely happen one day.

Open carry has got to be the dumbest of dumb gun law out there.... I mean really, what is the freakin' point of walking around with an AK47 on your back??? I sure as crap wouldn't want my kids around anyone doing that and seeing that behavior. Also, if there is some nut job who doesn't have a gun, it would be pretty easy for them to nab one from the dumb a$$ walking around with it on his back or setting it down while eating his Porkchachos at Chilis.... Just sayin.