Torx Broken Eyes

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Having an emergency eye surgery that will leave me blinded in both eyes for a few days. I will be fine at that point. My phone will be off and I will be 100% off line as of posting this. Updates to follow in a few days...

@Neopimp @Salty Cracker

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
result.brf.png

HA! See what I did there? (oh right...sorry)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Good luck Mark ! I get all freaked out when I have a eye lash in my eye , if anyone can handle this stuff it’s you ! Will be watching to hear how you made out .

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Thank you for the kind words. Most of you will remember the elective surgery I had right before Christmas in my right eye to remove floaters. I went to London on Thursday morning to get the same elective vitrectomy done in the left eye to remove the floaters in that eye.

During the post op visit that afternoon I mentioned to my ophthalmologist that my right eye floaters where back. He checked my right eye again and found that they werent floaters I was seeing. I had multiple retina tears. I was rushed back into surgery to repair the tears. During the surgery he told me (yes i am awake and alert during the surgeries) he was glad I mentioned it as a few more days and I would have been blind in that eye. I currently can not see out of that eye as there is a gas bubble in the eye replacing some of the fluid. I can see just enough out of my left eye to walk around and every now and then check messages and such before the stitches get too irritating as well the vision is extremely blurred. My left eye should be back to normal in a few days. My right eye may be a few weeks while spending as close to 24 hours a day in face down positions while the gas bubble helps heal the damage in the right eye. I will know more after I go back to London on Monday for a follow up.

Last edited:

Wagonpitt

Lucky you caught that on time, id say atleast you get some time off but doesnt seem like it will be much fun. Wish you a quick and easy recovery

SamB

Super Active Member
Wow heavy stuff Mark but the eye is very fast healing which is a good thing
Thanks for checking in - best wishes from all of us

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
All seems good for the most part. Saw the ophthalmologist yesterday, but he put drops in where I couldn't see again so I couldn't post yesterday. He said all looks good. I have almost all my vision back in the left eye. It will be 2 weeks before I can see out of my right eye. Right now the right eye is like seeing a movie scene where a camera is coming out of the water. Part under water and part above and I can play with the wave lol. Just getting caught up with emails and messages and some tank maintenance. Luckily my wife knew some things about the tanks so it was really easy working with her to do most things. Not only could i not see, but I have lifting and bending restrictions for a few more days.