Torx Broken Eyes

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
For anyone still following my horror story, I had a follow up today in London. Apparently there is still fluid which is causing a bubble and my retina to detach in a different spot. It was a small bubble and he hoped that it would go away on its own. It didnt, it got worse. So back into surgery tomorrow afternoon. At least this time it is only on one eye, but it means 2-6 more weeks of off work depending on what happens tomorrow. At this point I should be getting frequent flyer points. Surgery #4 and possibly a 5th in 2 weeks to finish the job.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I feel for you, I can’t imagine what you have been through. Stay strong the surgeons in London are top notch.

I’ve been going through my own thing and I thought 2 surgeries in 6 months was bad. Physio therapy is like torture. But the surgeons at st. Joes did great work and I have to consider my self pretty good for the damage.

I always quote Helen Keller: I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Update for those interested...so I really have angry eyes. I am still off work.

Cataract consult today with a side of laser surgery to once again thicken the inside lining of my eye more, which went well. Learned that I also developed an astigmatism and need bifocals in my right eye. Both were known potential side affects caused by the laundry list of operations I have had over the last 2 years on my eyes to repair retinal thinning, thickening of the vitreous fluid in the eye and multiple retinal detachment surgeries.

Just figuring out which cataract surgery we will be doing and from there I will know when I can finally get back to work. Free OHIP surgery only fixes my cataract and means I have to wait until July and will be back to work in September and I will need bifocal glasses with astigmatism lenses...$$$. If I pay $2,000 per eye I can get my eyes completely fixed, and will not even need glasses for distance like I currently have (other then potentially reading glasses) and surgery would be in 2 weeks and back to work mid July. Trying to figure out finances today. I was only supposed to be off for 10 days back in March, now it is looking like almost 6 months depending on what surgery we can muster up.

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Your starting to sound like a liberal :eek:

LoL

@TORX if theirs any thing we can help with please let us know. you do so much for this community!!!

I appreciate the support @shamous113. Things are going well at home, tank maintenance has started back up. My wife's part time job has been good and has been giving her full time hours while I am off. The $4,000 that we needed to come up with sucked, but that is what Credit Cards and loans are for lol.

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Waiting for surgery 5 of 6 (excluding the dozen laser surgeries). These last 2 will...should...fix my vision completely. I won't even need glasses
fa128ab4bd23d616d0f1e39fa28dcb82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Winks

Website Affiliate
Vision back after a sleep.... now that's a good nights sleep!! Glad to hear a positive outcome!