Torx Broken Eyes

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Went for my follow up last week. Typically cataract surgery is healed in a few days and back to normal in 2 weeks. At my 2 week appointment he said that he will see me again in 4-6 weeks for a follow up. Apparently my eye is healing extremely slowly due to the previous surgeries. So instead of 2 weeks, they are looking at 2 months healing. If all is good at that point, then I get to do the left eye. That should be a normal surgery timeline though. Hopefully back to work middle/end of August now.

Thank you all who have stopped by and helped out by purchasing my items for sale. Wife is happy to see some of the clutter go out of the door and the money is really helping.

SamB

Super Active Member
Hi @TORX and everyone
If there are goods that can be moved from Torx location, feel free to hit me up and I can try to make it happen
I am still on the road in SW Ontario regularly and now I am probably covering more kms than @TORX due to conditions beyond his control
When I read the part in his post about his wife being happy that "clutter" is being moved, I knew that I wanted to help if I can
Unfortunately I am heading to Montreal this week but I can help out during the week of June 25 - 29
Best wishes Mark

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hi @TORX and everyone
If there are goods that can be moved from Torx location, feel free to hit me up and I can try to make it happen
I am still on the road in SW Ontario regularly and now I am probably covering more kms than @TORX due to conditions beyond his control
When I read the part in his post about his wife being happy that "clutter" is being moved, I knew that I wanted to help if I can
Unfortunately I am heading to Montreal this week but I can help out during the week of June 25 - 29
Best wishes Mark

I appreciate the offer. If something comes up you may finally be able to come in and see the set up. LoL. We always managed to be on opposite schedules.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
For people following my lovely eye issues...

I went to the eye doctor for some concerns the other day. It was nothing bad, but given my plethora of issues, I thought I would play on the safe side.

Recent background sumarry: I had cataract done 4 weeks ago on my right eye. It normally heals withing a few days, but going on a month I am still healing and have a follow up in 2 weeks. Due to all my previous surgeries, there was a lot of swelling of my retina. I also need to get my cataract done in the left eye.

Current day: Retina swelling has subsided. My vision in my right eye is only 20/70. That is something that can not be corrected with corrective lenses. I need one more surgery called posterior capsulotomy. Normally it is done years after cataract surgery due to thickening of the capsule. In my case, the multiple retinal tears and detachments in the right eye had released 'pigment' which stained the capsule that holds the cataract. The laser basically cuts a hole in the capsule to remove the stained portion to allow light to pass through again. They want to hold off on that procedure as potential risks includes retinal tear/detachments and possibility of pushing the IOL (my new cataract lens) into the eye vitreous fluid. They obviously want to allow extra healing time to lower those risks. Lets face it, retinal thinning to excessive disruptive floaters, to vitrectomy, to retinal tearing to retinal detachment and now this, the wait is appreciated.

They can not do the left eye cataract as a percussion. If they do the left eye and I have side effects, then that would leave me basically helpless vision wise for an undetermined amount of time pending other procedures.

I will know more after the appointment on July 19th. Until then I am on steroid drops in my right eye. I think that is it.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Wow Mark that’s crazy .. I freak out when I get something in my eyes I can’t imagine everything you’re going through , hopefully all goes well !

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My final update...

So today is my last day off before finally going back to work. There were before, but since March 2018 there was a total of 5 surgeries (vitrectomy left eye, 2 retinal detachments in right eye, cataract surgery in both eyes), dozens of laser treatments, $5000 in uncovered medical bills and expenses, $2500 in vehicle repairs. I still have one more surgery to do. My right eye will be getting a second IOL (Inter Ocular Lens) installed as the IOL they put in to replace my cataract the first time was not strong enough. That isn't for a few months as my eye is still technically healing, so no need to do more surgeries when glasses can fix the issue. I used to have a very high script for vision, borderline Trailer Park Bous Bubbles pop bottle glasses, but I am happy to say that a plus after all this I only need glasses while driving truck (which will be fixed after the next surgery) and reading glasses.

Back to work I go...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
All told, that's good news! I mean the $$ sucks, but vision is so useful!

Considering all the blue light we all put on our eyes (phones, screens, leds etc) is brutally harmful to us, I'm sure some of us will be following suit at some point. I even read about a literal bionic eye they are working on.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
All told, that's good news! I mean the $$ sucks, but vision is so useful!

Considering all the blue light we all put on our eyes (phones, screens, leds etc) is brutally harmful to us, I'm sure some of us will be following suit at some point. I even read about a literal bionic eye they are working on.

Oh I would not wish any of this on anyone. Luckily it isn't related to what I was looking at, just luck of the draw in %'s. I was the 1% of the 1% of the 1%. I personally know a guy who has had a cornea transplant and if I remember correctly, they have even transplanted eyes. Too weird. Even after everything I wen through, that gives me chills.

Great to read you’re back on the road.
Drive safe and hopefully that’s it for a bit.

It will be great to be back on the road for sure. It has been too long. Time to make some money again, lots of 6 day weeks in the future.