Status
Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Nipped a bit, but getting better every day. Only one of the 2 scopas are not getting along. Still hopeful.

981c297d3b2f665d312c154c98c47386.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Good luck! I want to another another tang or two but current have a purple and blue. They get along perfectly but not sure how they would react to another one or two

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Good luck! I want to another another tang or two but current have a purple and blue. They get along perfectly but not sure how they would react to another one or two
Currently I have a big effing yellow belly hippo, powder blue, 2 scopas and the yellow for tangs, plus all my other fish. I may need to start looking at a second skimmer lol.

I would sell of some if I was able to get a purple.

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Currently I have a big effing yellow belly hippo, powder blue, 2 scopas and the yellow for tangs, plus all my other fish. I may need to start looking at a second skimmer lol.

I would sell of some if I was able to get a purple.

I want a black tang but don't want to spend that much for it to get the s*#t kicked outta it

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Well I can not beleive I have been missing this, but the Onyx LED has a huge down side that I completely missed. There are only 4 UV bulbs per fixture and they are tied into the red and green. I set up my 24" nblaster grow lights over part of my tank and have had my zoas pop. It has led me to search for a retro kit and lucking found one thanks to @AdInfinitum and I will hopefully be getting on Fragfest. I will be adding at least 2 48" T5 actinics...possibly 4 or other combination with the actinics to my Onyx LEDs. Or at least until I can do a actinic LED build.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
All your tangs playin nicely ?
Surprisingly yes. There is still a little aggression between one of my scopas and the yellow, but they are chasing each other less and less every day. Nipped fins have healed. The yellow stays in one section of the tank for the most part, but over all I am very impressed.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Well I can not beleive I have been missing this, but the Onyx LED has a huge down side that I completely missed. There are only 4 UV bulbs per fixture and they are tied into the red and green. I set up my 24" nblaster grow lights over part of my tank and have had my zoas pop. It has led me to search for a retro kit and lucking found one thanks to @AdInfinitum and I will hopefully be getting on Fragfest. I will be adding at least 2 48" T5 actinics...possibly 4 or other combination with the actinics to my Onyx LEDs. Or at least until I can do a actinic LED build.
The lighting that I am DIY'ing for my new build is a mix of led's and t5's to supplement the spectrum and fill shadows. Personally I think that is currently the best possible lighting for colour, growth and efficiency. Since the t5's will only run a few hours a day it should extend bulb life out to a couple of years easily.

The look and results that jroover's got with his hybrid lighting sold me.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Great minds think alike lol, this is also something I am looking to do and for the very same reason. Neither that or I go back to t5 with reefbrite led bar, I am torn because I really like the radions as well

Kman

Super Active Member

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I run 4 ATI 80W Blue plus T5 with my LED and the mixed lighting works fantastic. Any mixed bulb combo I find does that. I only run the T5 for 3 hrs for my peak time and it works like a charm for color and growth. At 3 hr a day on it will greatly increase T5 bulb life expectancy. If you are looking for a great retrofit T5 kit I use 2 of the below kits.

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/LET-60-2x80W-Miro-4-T5-High-Output-Retrofit-Kit.html
Oh God another $400 for me to go this route. I see some up coming frags for sale lol

Status
Not open for further replies.