Torx's 120 gallon

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Her favorite to date was the fat ass clarkii that I have...well until this morning.  My 6 year olds favorite is the purple fire fish then the hippo. But that is just because her favorite color.

I have grown fond of my scopa tang.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
AdInfinitum link said:
Love the \"fearless\" DIY and nice system design!! 

That's the main reason I do this stuff.  :slowclap:

"Fearless"...hardly, scared  :poop: less more like it. I did not have a decent backup sump when I cut that out  :? I really was just winging it hoping that my little experience cutting and drilling glass would pay off. Man did it ever pay off. I have a 4x6 sheet of 1/4 glass behind my shed...time to DIY a dream free sump next :D

sunnykita link said:
great photo ! I see the canine new addition in the photo too, another cutie !

Yes, the wife got impatient and saw this little girl on kijiji. We picked her up and just in time. The husband bought it for his wife and she did not want it. This puppy was not cared for very well when we picked her up...kind of our little rescue pup.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So note to self. Adding a second tang of same species is not recommended. Also adding a second foxface (or any second rabbitfish) is not recommended. I did complete black out when I added them to the tank. Then I spent a week spot feeding a new scopa tang and one spot fox face that took refuge hiding behind my rock wall. I did a complete black out at night for a week (no moonlights or room lights). But I must say it is a beautiful sight seeing my 2 foxfaces and scopas tangs swimming together. Although they are both a little beat up with fin nips.

Thank you Poisedon for the great new fish. Healthy and strong as always.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
pulpfiction1 link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=4721.msg55336#msg55336 date=1373222749]
Dude that is crazy awesome! I remember people calling Phil stupid for saying you could do that... Glad someone proved it!

lol like i said before,this is exactly how miracles does their tanks,they just have better tools so it looks more professional ,i have cut sections out of 2 tanks with this method,mind you i didnt go as deep as torx
[/quote]

A custom Miracles tank for sale on AP with this overflow as Pulp said.

zohx0p.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Latest additions to the tank over the last couple weeks. Copperband, Filefish, Purple Dottyback, and a Sand Sifting Goby. Since the Filefish has been added a few weeks ago, all my apistatia is gone. The ugly guy has moved onto grazing and eating my seafood melody. Copperband has been in there for 2 weeks. Still seems healthy and fat. I have not seen him eating other then grazing though. But he is the small guy in the tank, so he still hides when food is added. The damn Purple Dottyback likes to hide though. Updated pics this weekend I hope.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I thought I was done purchasing fish after picking up a Powder Blue Tang and a Blonde Naso Tang yesterday (thanks Poseidon), but then I came across this video (thanks Poseidon :/ ) What the hell is this thing, I want one :D

264ltsw.jpg

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Torx link said:
I thought I was done purchasing fish after picking up a Powder Blue Tang and a Blonde Naso Tang yesterday (thanks Poseidon), but then I came across this video (thanks Poseidon :/ ) What the hell is this thing, I want one :D

264ltsw.jpg
it looks like some type of thalamossoma wrasse or a  halichoeres wrasse

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Big_Als_London link said:
it looks like some type of thalamossoma wrasse or a  halichoeres wrasse

clown wrasse juvenile? Only this thing has one large orange patch and a clown has Twin Spots. Says they can get to 30"...so might be a little big for my 60" tank

Jewel

Why would you think you wouldn't have the room with 5 Tangs and 2 Fox Face as long as they keep moving the room is always there LOL

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My Christmas gift to me...I just wish it was a little sooner so I could start playing with it.

j98w0z.png

I also picked up a Melanurus Wrasse today. Now I just need to egg crate the back of my canopy so he doesn't hop out.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Poseidon link said:

:D Only mistake was that I did not get a second EB8, I only need a EB4, but we all know that a time will come when I need that extra outlet and have to upgrade again anyways. So...I am looking for a EB8. They are pricey and there is no real competition in retail on them either. :S But they are also impossible to find second hand, even tried ebay.