Torx's 120 gallon

reefin

love the canopy on there! Looks pretty sweet!

That YT looks tiny in there! LOL  Lots of room to grow! Happy fishes!  ;D

nitro069

Love the looks of the canopy and led setup. cant wait to see this tank fill out. keep up the good work Torx. how you like the looks of the led over your mh. what kind of led are they again

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
hazey link said:
Nice looking system! What LED lights did you go with?

They are eBay china brand LEDs?? LoL. 50/50. Nothing to elaborate at the moment. Will be looking at another DIY most likely in a couple months.

nitro069 link said:
Love the looks of the canopy and led setup. cant wait to see this tank fill out. keep up the good work Torx. how you like the looks of the led over your mh. what kind of led are they again

Do not get me wrong, I love the mh. I would pick that over T5 and/or LED any day for growth (I saw a difference in just the week that I ran them) and general look in the tank  (shimmer and color). But long story short, I like the LED for the hydro bill as I am cheaper then the reef scavenger himself.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Moonlights from www.aquastyleonline.com

I purchased the 15 module kit. Each module contains 3 1watt Blue 460-480nm. Great service from Ray at aquastyleonline. Other then a delay as he was out of town for a few days, but he did email personally and apologize. Great customer service, communication and always willing to help. Once again why I love and recommend shopping there. Shipped on the 17th and arrived today the 25th from Hong Kong. Packaged well and delivered to my door, signature required, thank god :D

Stock photo for close up

module01.JPG

Straight out of the shipping box all came already assembled, nice plug n play.

20130425_101231_zpsfef657f5.jpg

I have 2 light fixtures under my hood and wanted to just stick them to it, the wire was a little too short to bridge across plus I want to be able to separate them easily if I need to take a light out for any reason. I had some connectors from my last job which worked well with a piece of wire.

20130425_112030_zps38bbb387.jpg

20130425_112107_zps26a60910.jpg

Left side light...

20130425_112843_zps67f13796.jpg

Right side light...

20130425_113843_zps3bb93062.jpg

Looking forward to tonight. There was a little too much day light to get a good idea what it will look like. Photos were just with my phone.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Awesome, just awesome. Pictures do not do these justice at all. I hope that some of the feedback opens the door to another buy. These really are great and can not beat the price.

20130426_014229_zps98956fcc.jpg

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Wow ! just Wow ! I can only imagine how good it actually looks, I have seen what it did for my little corals in my temporary 30 gallon corner tank, now I see even better how great it looks on your tank. Guess I'll be looking for a hood for my 135 so I can set mine up on the 135
thanks again. These lights were a steal !

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Poseidon link said:
do these guys make the corals really glow torx?

They get a nice pop through the night. It was great to walk into the house last night to the faint glow. These are just moonlights and they do not have the same pop as using 420nm Actinic Violet LED's, those 420's make the corals look nuclear.