Tyree Bubble Gum Monster Chalice ?

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I got this chalice from Jroovers a while back and now it healing up nicely. I was looking to get an id on it and find it call Tyree bubble gum monster chalice. Did I got the name right? I want to get a second opinion.
IMG_20150301_220157_edit_edit.jpg

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
It's called "would look great in Eric's tank" Chalice ;)

Good luck finding the ID on it. It's a nice piece

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
It was looking beat up awhile back and to think I can't keep chalice so was selling for 120, no one bought it :). it a good 5" piece and now it look amazing in my tank. It getting huge and I am thinking of fraging it, but don't know how and price. Do I need a saw to frag chalice ?

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
hey Kevin, no idea what its called, very nice piece and it kind of looks like bubble gum..
I find it look exactly like bubble gum monster so putting here to get a second opinion. If someone know differ than correct me or bubble gum monster it is. Very cool name!

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
It was looking beat up awhile back and to think I can't keep chalice so was selling for 120, no one bought it :). it a good 5" piece and now it look amazing in my tank. It getting huge and I am thinking of fraging it, but don't know how and price. Do I need a saw to frag chalice ?
Fragging is easy. But it depends on what the chalice is growing on. If it's just growing out from the rock. The fringe should be easy to cut. But if it's encrusted over a rock. You're going to need a saw for sure.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Fragging is easy. But it depends on what the chalice is growing on. If it's just growing out from the rock. The fringe should be easy to cut. But if it's encrusted over a rock. You're going to need a saw for sure.

It won't crack with bone cutter?

jroovers

Super Active Member
That is a super nice chalice. It came from Bill at IA. Darryl always compared it to the Jason Fox Hippie Magic chalice (he got the exact same one too and it melted away); it looks identical:

http://coralcollection.bigcartel.com/product/cc-hippie-magic-chalice

These things are only worth what someone pays for them; $99 per eye is a bit steep in my eyes (pun intended) :p
Glad to hear it is doing well. :)

Last edited:

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
That is a super nice chalice. It came from Bill at BA's. Darryl always compared it to the Jason Fox Hippie Magic chalice (he got the exact same one too and it melted away); it looks identical:

http://coralcollection.bigcartel.com/product/cc-hippie-magic-chalice

These things are only worth what someone pays for them; $99 per eye is a bit steep in my eyes (pun intended) :p
Glad to hear it is doing well. :)[/QUOTE a

$99 per eye! I count about 150 eyes lol, so 150x99=14850. I am rich now :)

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I count about 150 eyes x $99 = 14,850 :D. lol we at TFT including myself find it hard to pay even $50 per eye. I need to get this to the state somehow ;)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
IMO its not really fair to name your chalice after a desginer chalice that looks very similar but has no lineage to the designer piece. If your chalice was not bought and grown as a "tyree bubble gum monster" then it is NOT a Tyree Bubble gum monster. The piece you have is amazing and regardless of a designer name its colour speaks for itself. If you were to sell frags you could call it something original and then post a photo of the Tyree or the Jason Fox and mention its similar looking which can help justify a higher price for frags.

A designer name is just that ....a designer name. Let your coral do the talking not some bullshit name.... and your coral does the talking just fine without one :)

IMO its not really fair to name your chalice after a desginer chalice that looks very similar but has no lineage to the designer piece. If your chalice was not bought and grown as a "tyree bubble gum monster" then it is NOT a Tyree Bubble gum monster. The piece you have is amazing and regardless of a designer name its colour speaks for itself. If you were to sell frags you could call it something original and then post a photo of the Tyree or the Jason Fox and mention its similar looking which can help justify a higher price for frags.

A designer name is just that ....a designer name. Let your coral do the talking not some bullshit name.... and your coral does the talking just fine without one :)
ya I don't buy corals for their names I buy them for what they look like

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member

Totally agree!!!

I'm not really into the name thing so much and frankly it has become so diluted with the number of online vendors out there now, but any of my "named" pieces can be traced right back to RR or Tyree or JF or Sniper...... And if it cannot be definitely traced...then it is not the same just similar....maybe just as nice or even nicer in some cases but not the same.

jroovers

Super Active Member
PS did I mention I want a frag? ;) In another couple weeks I'll be ready to pay you a visit!