Tyree Bubble Gum Monster Chalice ?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Sorry for the some what unrelated question but does IA have a physical location that you can go to?or is it only online purchasing?

I can't see any store hours on website.

Kman

Super Active Member
Designer names bug me. You have a coral that people have been selling for years, you add a designer name to it and sell it for double. Just because you name it fancy doesn't mean you should sell it for way more. The coral alone should speak to the worth. Not because some guy online decides to name it fancy to make money.

Just so everyone knows I have a coral that looks exactly like an Acropora tenuis from the Kman lineage called 'Death star lazer beam yellow bean jumper people eater' and i will sell it for $600 per frag. No pushing or shoving I have a few. haha :p

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Designer names bug me. You have a coral that people have been selling for years, you add a designer name to it and sell it for double. Just because you name it fancy doesn't mean you should sell it for way more. The coral alone should speak to the worth. Not because some guy online decides to name it fancy to make money.

Just so everyone knows I have a coral that looks exactly like an Acropora tenuis from the Kman lineage called 'Death star lazer beam yellow bean jumper people eater' and i will sell it for $600 per frag. No pushing or shoving I have a few. haha :p

Two things.... Face it marketing makes the world go around...take a 5 dollar t-shirt and put a swoosh on it and...$$$ lol

Also it s a shame about your low end collection but maybe when you're ready you can come to me and upgrade to an ULTRA Death star lazer beam yellow bean jumper people eater.

Last edited:

Kman

Super Active Member
Man I should have gone with the an ULTRA Death star lazer beam yellow bean jumper people eater mine is so yesterday. haha

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
If you want I can try fragging it for you if you don't have bone cutters.

Just shoot me a text and we'll figure something out.
Thank Eric, but bone cutter will crack it and leave a lot of this unwanted small pieces, saw is the best way to go
IMO its not really fair to name your chalice after a desginer chalice that looks very similar but has no lineage to the designer piece. If your chalice was not bought and grown as a "tyree bubble gum monster" then it is NOT a Tyree Bubble gum monster. The piece you have is amazing and regardless of a designer name its colour speaks for itself. If you were to sell frags you could call it something original and then post a photo of the Tyree or the Jason Fox and mention its similar looking which can help justify a higher price for frags.

A designer name is just that ....a designer name. Let your coral do the talking not some bullshit name.... and your coral does the talking just fine without one :)

Gotcha Dave, I haven't name is anything yet as you can see next to the title there is a question mark. The word similarity and to name this chalice myself has open my mind :). Thank for putting me up there.
It is indeed a nice piece. Wish I would have taken more photos of it :)

8441485875_f28bf98b38_c.jpg

Wow wow wow thank for the pic. Jordan. Clearly it haven't recover to it full potential. The deep colour like your pic. Is starting to show. Excuse my crapy cell phone pic.
PS did I mention I want a frag? ;) In another couple weeks I'll be ready to pay you a visit!

OK give me a week or two head up so I can frag and let it heal

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Sorry for the some what unrelated question but does IA have a physical location that you can go to?or is it only online purchasing?

I can't see any store hours on website.
I wouldn't know where because I never been there myself, but I think there is a store location.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
According to bigshow I should name this coral and post a picture or something to mention similarity :D. Tell me what you guy think of this name, like or dislike!
Since Daryl and jroovers find it look similar to the hippie magic and I am convinced after seeing the picture jroovers posted. OK there are some similarities agree? and I have the mother colony, right!
OK how about I name it KT after myself Kevin Tran and hippie magic to mention the similarities.
Jordan I am going to borrow your pic. Haha lucky there no copy right :)

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
LOL. That is not quite what a meant when I said do an ORIGINAL Name.
You still remember that I want to buy a blue matrix from you and I am still looking for one. I saw other blue matrix for sale but it didn't interested me. I want "bigshow blue matrix", it a blue matrix and it coming from bigshow. This is how and why I name it KT Hippie Magic. KT Hippie Magic said what it look like and where it come from.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Oh Bigshow(Dave), I know you're busy with reno. and all, maybe you neglected your tank :). When you have time can you take a look at your blue matrix and see if there is a frag available and put my name on it. I hope you still have it. I got a pink matrix off Thang and it looking amazing, I am still hunting for bigshow blue matrix so please let me know.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
You still remember that I want to buy a blue matrix from you and I am still looking for one. I saw other blue matrix for sale but it didn't interested me. I want "bigshow blue matrix", it a blue matrix and it coming from bigshow. This is how and why I name it KT Hippie Magic. KT Hippie Magic said what it look like and where it come from.

Thanks :). ALthough I call mine the BS Blue Matrix it is a RR piece. Like most RR pieces they differ in colours depending on the tank conditions they are grown in (I should say that this is likely with most Acros not just a RR piece). Since I cultured the RR Blue Matrix from one brown fuugly piece to the colour you seen in the photos I changed the name from RR to BS. Although I don't have as much pull as a RR name I like to have my cultured pieces speak for themselves.

I don't have issues with pieces being named. I do it. I typically only do it for one off rare pieces. As an importer you get to see a lot of the same things, when you get those one off cherry pieces I like to name them so they stand out. I don't expect anymore money cause i have put a fancy name on it, I would charge the same price name or no name. I pay for the cherry pieces from the suppliers and I charge accordingly.

Did I mention Wild Acros coming in Monday? :D

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Oh Bigshow(Dave), I know you're busy with reno. and all, maybe you neglected your tank :). When you have time can you take a look at your blue matrix and see if there is a frag available and put my name on it. I hope you still have it. I got a pink matrix off Thang and it looking amazing, I am still hunting for bigshow blue matrix so please let me know.

The 225g DT was neglected but the acros that have survived have came around 100% in the past month. I had only a smiggen of the Blue Matrix left, but you are first on my list for a frag when it grows out.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
The 225g DT was neglected but the acros that have survived have came around 100% in the past month. I had only a smiggen of the Blue Matrix left, but you are first on my list for a frag when it grows out.
I didn't know you're still bringing in acro during reno. Otherwise I would wait. I was at rr last week and and bought a couple of his signature collection, yes a couple and you know his price $$$$. I am broke man, however I can squeeze a little more for the blue matrix :D, heck sell me the whole rock with it base lol. I been waiting for to long.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I didn't know you're still bringing in acro during reno. Otherwise I would wait. I was at rr last week and and bought a couple of his signature collection, yes a couple and you know his price $$$$. I am broke man, however I can squeeze a little more for the blue matrix :D, heck sell me the whole rock with it base lol. I been waiting for to long.

LOL. You will wish you would of saved your money. Don't worry though, you can drool at the photos I post. ...and here I though RR only sold to stores, LOL!!!!!!

Reno is not complete but the systems are purring like a kitten

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
LOL. You will wish you would of saved your money. Don't worry though, you can drool at the photos I post. ...and here I though RR only sold to stores, LOL!!!!!!

Reno is not complete but the systems are purring like a kitten
Lol he still see a few or some people that he have seen before.
I most likely will be drooling over the new shipment, already have just thinking about ito_O. You alway bring in nice stuff and gone quick.

P.s you never know, I might just be at your door Monday. That is only if my buddy is coming :D