UGH! Algae craziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
CherryBlossom link said:
I'm pretty good at listening to what you all have to give for advice to me on here, Your not sounding like a Jerk but to be honest, that's all they had for test kits so that's what he gave me, I 100% intend on going and getting a higher end test kit for sure!

Figured since I was there I should grab something to at least give me an idea of what's going on in my tank, granted I am only four weeks in but things seem to be moving rather quick, so I had to make sure things were safe!

I appreciated all the advice from everyone, without you guys and my saltwater friends this tank would have crashed and burned by now I'm sure, So thank you!!

I'm looking forward to this exciting passion and new hobby of mine

Heh, I have 2 API kits..one for nitrite and one for some other thing that you rarely ever would test for unless things are going sideways in the tank.  I have come to trust Salifert, hanna (not the calcium one) and red sea kits.  Again, that's just me.  The red sea kits have a lot of pieces and parts which makes you feel like you're getting something for the money.  They even have a pretty good 'all in one' kit that isn't like the test strips I use for my hot tub ;)

I'll have a look for the ones you have suggested for sure! I'm going to wait till next pay, Puppy needs surgery so funds are tight

Thanks Salty!

My damn rotating water deflector is making a loud click noise too... Not on right? Lol sounds like its hitting something inside while turning

I kind of feel dumb right about now!

Status
Not open for further replies.