Upgrade completed on November 7, 2012.

rowdy29can

Website
www.thiscoralreef.tumblr.com
I have recently upgraded from a 30x30x24 starphire cubed tank to a 48x30x20 starphire peninsula tank set up. It divides our kitchen and family room and viewable from 3 sides. Everything as far as equipment goes I kept from the previous system except the light fixture. Which is now a 48" ATI 8 bulb Powermodule fixture. All the frags and existing colonies come from fellow reefers and local reef stores. My success I have to thank comes from my fellow reefers and helpful reef store owners. So thank you to all that know me. The pics are first from the old system, the transfer and finally the new tank. :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
That's almost the exact same size as my new one as well!!!! And mine is a 3 sided tank as well.... How do you like the size?

iantower

Hey Pat!

Got the tank home safe, thanks again, I'm really excited to get er going... the wife thinks it's to big haha, they always hate it until its set up.
I'm starting a build thread on here for my new system, it'll be slow but I'll get it done eventually.

Make sure you get some pics up of your new tank, it's a beauty! Show that thing off!

Cheers

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
awesome setup, are you having issues with that wavebox in there? I couldn't imagine the wave actually staying in that tank.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
I think we met @ flagswipe house! (the 3 asianeteer! :D) nice set up you have there! i love the peninsula look in the kitchen.

rowdy29can

Website
Hey thanks for the kind words. No issue with wave box. Works great would not go without one. The skin of the stand I did with wife's input and guidance. The structure of the stand was built by a professional. Yup it's me the other Asian that night at Dwayne's lol!

rowdy29can

Website
Thanks Darryl and Jordan coming from you guys means alot! I can only hope my little reef matures into something remotely close to yours. Hey Tyler thanks but I am no photographer. But I hope to learn as soon as I get a camera to justify taking really good macro shots. Cheers!