Upgrade completed on November 7, 2012.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Nice pics buddy...

This one looks more like a granulosa or loripes...
index.php

and this one looks pretty branchy....it might be a soli.
index.php

rowdy29can

Website
www.thiscoralreef.tumblr.com
Hey you might be right buddy? But thats what they were sold to me as...... but in either case i just hope they adapt to my tank i still worry about maricultured sps's. I would take a frag anytime of an established coloney over it, but we all want variations of sps's.  Who knows we just hope for the best :)
Some more updates and my new tank is officially 1 week old!!!

C

CRJ

great tank! Monthly water changes work OK for you? Im moving from an all in one to a sump powered setup, im used to weekly changes.

if im in london id love to see that!

B

Bill@IA

Darryl_V link said:
Nice pics buddy...

This one looks more like a granulosa or loripes...
index.php
  In that photo it actually does....but it isn't. There are a couple of more here at IA, behind the frilly edges you can see the plate like structure forming. One of them here, may actually be turning red which is a nice contrast with its blue edge. I noticed most of the Mariculutred pieces look like this in the beginning but as they grow and mature they take on that Efflo shape.

Darryl_V link said:
and this one looks pretty branchy....it might be a soli.
index.php
  LOL I remember that huge debate on Reef Central. Even the Coral ID website,  http://coral.aims.gov.au , displays pictures that look like two totally different coral in the Species FactSheets for both Efflos and Solis.    Either way they look terrific.

:)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Let me clarify.....I wasnt taking away from the beauty of the corals but species can definitely be debated.

If you ask me I feel there are more species than AIMS has identified.

B

Bill@IA

Darryl_V link said:
Let me clarify.....I wasnt taking away from the beauty of the corals but species can definitely be debated.

If you ask me I feel there are more species than AIMS has identified.

I agree 100%.

Furthermore these pieces come in very young and branchy so it makes it even harder. The 3 pics I will post below for the fun of it, show how they grow out at Incredible Aquarium, making me fairly certain it can be ruled out as an A. loripes or A. granulosa.

Patrick's aquarium set up looks amazing and I hope his new coral add to the enjoyment as much as he hopes they will.  :)

Grow Out shots of a Maricultured Acropora efflorescens.

Pic#1 Just arrived Shipped as A. efflo. Looks like a flattened out Loripes or granulosa. Placed on it's side for photo.

AcroporaefflorescensIA.jpg

Pic#2 Settling in for grow out. (Taken appx. 1 month later)

EffloIA-1.jpg

Pic#3 How it looks today. (Appx. 5-6 months later)  Not as branchy and certainly taking on the plate form.

IASYelloEfflo.jpg

:)

jroovers

Super Active Member
Looks awesome Patrick.  :D

Where did you put your PF frag?  How is your RBTA, does it move on you at all?

rowdy29can

Website
www.thiscoralreef.tumblr.com
Thanks everyone for the compliments, I am pleased how things are coming along. Jordan the RBTA found its foot in a crevice of a rock and just made its home. Does not wonder around at all. However it does split every 3 months and I just sell off its babies. The PF is located on the middle shelf between the red dragon and Hawkins so far so good and holding its colour it's directly under 3 ATI blue plus 1 coral plus bulbs with moderate flow as per big shows recommendation:)