Vendor Setup Questions

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Hey I have a quick question for all u vendors, how are you going to post your pricing? Are you going to write it on the glass? On an empty frag plug , piece of PVC, or something like that? Or just verbally tell everyone ?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
Hey I have a quick question for all u vendors, how are you going to post your pricing? Are you going to write it on the glass? On an empty frag plug , piece of PVC, or something like that? Or just verbally tell everyone ?

I went looking for a glow-in-the-dark wax pencil thing, but couldn't' find anything, so might just print up little price stickers. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=4809.msg51686#msg51686 date=1369597383]

I went looking for a glow-in-the-dark wax pencil thing, but couldn't' find anything, so might just print up little price stickers.
[/quote]

And place them underwater by the frags or?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Im sizing up.

only kidding. ill just have each piece on phone with price.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Poseidon link said:
the way i seen it at the swaps was sharpie on glass  in front if yu can put all frags the same price in a row 

GirDance

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=4809.msg51686#msg51686 date=1369597383]

[/quote]

Toys r Us sells neon crayons for use on glass :)

http://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Washable-Window-Crayons-BIN529765/dp/B001QKNOZQ

The dry erase ones work well too... My son used them all over our patio door a couple weeks ago :/  They wipe off great!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have one of the florescent orange dry erase markers from staples....it doesn't really show up at all.  I'll try for a crayon pack today maybe. 

GirDance

Salty Cracker link said:
I have one of the florescent orange dry erase markers from staples....it doesn't really show up at all.  I'll try for a crayon pack today maybe.

The crayola window ones work really well on glass.  I have a pack of the "bright" dry erase crayons at home... At work till 7pm tonight but I will test them on my patio door when I get home and let you know how well they show up.

Tempra paints work well, you can get them in all sorts of different colours at Michaels, ToysRUs and Chapters.

Also things to look for are wet erase markers - but they are pricy, 5 for $26.00 at Staples (whose website is currently being a PITA so I didn't link it:  http://www.amazon.ca/Expo-Wet-Erase-Fluorescent-Markers-SAN14075/dp/B004E3K086

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
GirDance link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4809.msg51768#msg51768 date=1369671032]

The crayola window ones work really well on glass.  I have a pack of the "bright" dry erase crayons at home... At work till 7pm tonight but I will test them on my patio door when I get home and let you know how well they show up.

Tempra paints work well, you can get them in all sorts of different colours at Michaels, ToysRUs and Chapters.

Also things to look for are wet erase markers - but they are pricy, 5 for $26.00 at Staples (whose website is currently being a PITA so I didn't link it:  http://www.amazon.ca/Expo-Wet-Erase-Fluorescent-Markers-SAN14075/dp/B004E3K086
[/quote]

Remember they are in a dark dark room lit by only the lights on the tank...what works well in a window may not work well in a closet with a uv light :)

I misses toys r us today, going to go there and the dollar store, and the party supply place on wed. 

GirDance

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=GirDance link=topic=4809.msg51776#msg51776 date=1369673037]
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4809.msg51768#msg51768 date=1369671032]

[/quote]

Remember they are in a dark dark room lit by only the lights on the tank...what works well in a window may not work well in a closet with a uv light :)

I misses toys r us today, going to go there and the dollar store, and the party supply place on wed.
[/quote]

The expensive wet erase ones say they glow under UV and black light

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Window writers glow nice, but run when wet. Dry erase comes off plexi easy.And the winner, get the tags they sell for your garden. Cut the stem down, and BOOM, instant price tags, and they fit in egg crate.
Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
I got wome glow in the dark sticks.  From dollar store  They use for necklaces amd bracelets they re strudy enuff to use as pointers ..dunno if yu see them here i got them over in port huron today 

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Petercar link said:
I got wome glow in the dark sticks.  From dollar store  They use for necklaces amd bracelets they re strudy enuff to use as pointers ..dunno if yu see them here i got them over in port huron today

Yup, Dollar store has a large selection of glow sticks :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Some pics of the setup,

Before and after

Before
null_zps5d048299.jpg

After- thoroughly picked through
Sold a few more pieces after this pic.

null_zps1c39208f.jpg

Right before the people poured in!
null_zps3d7a76b1.jpg

null_zps91afde32.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Yeah I'd be grinning ear to ear if I was half the age I am now.  Damn you young people  :)

Except for collapsing the table and your questionable chineese discount lighting, your display was top notch.  We'll work out the kinks for next year padawan.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:
My setup was pretty ghetto in comparison.  I just noticed you had a nice table covering too... Dang you thought of everything.

HAHAHAHA!  You had the attention of EVERYONE!    You know your coral is the shit, you bastard.  I actually can't believe you had that stuff in a tupperware bin :)

You and me, we'll confide before the next event.  You want me to be brutally honest??  Your display was a 5/10, but our corals were a 15/10.  IF you had the -over-the-top- lighting, you would have been the star of the show (which I'm not so sure you weren't).  Your corals outperformed your lighting setup. However, your colonies are world class, and hopefully you can accept that I say that sincerely and not as a kissass.  (Dammit 8 people told my wife at the door that I am a complete asshole, hopefully you can believe I'm at least sincere!) :)

When you're in London, come by for a beer.  Whatever your brand, I'll keep it in stock, you showoffsonofabitch.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
My setup was pretty ghetto in comparison.  I just noticed you had a nice table covering too... Dang you thought of everything.

haha well salty here recommended it in is vendor setup tips... was like 1.50$ at dollar tree

ya was a bit worried when your lights started flickering at the beginning but it all turned out ok :D

Salty Cracker link said:
Yeah I'd be grinning ear to ear if I was half the age I am now.  Damn you young people  :)

Except for collapsing the table and your questionable chinese discount lighting, your display was top notch.  We'll work out the kinks for next year padawan.

hey, big show had the exact same light i did, and i was even able to have only whites on for pulpfictions viewing pleasure ;D

and the table did scare me a bit at first, gotta admit you had some nice reflexes for a jedi your age when the raffle table collapsed in the beginning! haha i was worried you threw a hip out or something hahaha

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=4809.msg52467#msg52467 date=1370224106]

haha well salty here recommended it in is vendor setup tips... was like 1.50$ at dollar tree

ya was a bit worried when your lights started flickering at the beginning but it all turned out ok :D

Salty Cracker link said:

Except for collapsing the table and your questionable chinese discount lighting, your display was top notch.  We'll work out the kinks for next year padawan.

hey, big show had the exact same light i did, and i was even able to have only whites on for pulpfictions viewing pleasure ;D

and the table did scare me a bit at first, gotta admit you had some nice reflexes for a jedi your age when the raffle table collapsed in the beginning! haha i was worried you threw a hip out or something hahaha
[/quote]

Not bad for almost 45 eh? 

1 wife and 4 kids later.  I tell you, the only thing that gets me through the day is looking at my facebook highschool friends and how bald they are.  Hey I see you are receding there, no?    ;D

Oh I kid, I should be easy on you as a leaf fan.  Good lord boy, cut your losses (like I never did) and come over to the gold side.  I will welcome you, even if I despise you for your youth.    I[m going to post that pic of me with hair to my ass and a 28" waist that I use to prop my tank hood open with...as a warning to you!