Vertex Bio Pellet Reactor RX-U 1.5 Modification

curiousphil

Super Active Member
benzzz link said:
Untraceable no3 after 2 weeks of running ecoBAK. Just this week came up a bit .5 no3. Going to keepit between .5 and .25 tank is doing well. I also drip kalk/vinegar mixture.

Nice mate, sounds perfect!

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
I think when ever you have more control out of a reactor the better off you are. And you're right Duke manufactures don't say it should be close to your skimmers inlet but it is suggested in quite a few articles. I don't understand that comment because don't you want the effluent in the water collom?

I think it depends on your field of thought regarding how pellets work.  Some say that the bacteria grows ON the pellets and that you want to skim it out asap, so that's where the thought of putting the reactor output right by the skimmer comes into play.  Others argue that the pellets break up and microscopic bits make their way into the water column which then encourage bacterial growth throughout the tank, and then it gets skimmed out when it makes its way to the sump.  Either way it can't hurt to put the effluent through your skimmer so I stay on the safe side! :)