Vertex In-280 Impeller Cracked

saltyair

I have one other backup I bought them from a guy that closed up his shop.

the thing about vertex skimmers they changed the impeller depending on the year.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
And vertex sucks to deal with for any customer service. I still can not get an answer from them about a replacement switch inside my rodi unit or about a missing skimmer Venturi. This will likely be the last piece of vertex equipment I will ever buy new or used

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I agree, I have heard some great things about them in the past. However, I will be looking to upgrade my skimmer in the future to avoid this from happening again. They started by forwarding my "request to our North American Subsidiary "Proline Aquatics"." on Tue, February 10, 2015 8:30 am. 4 hours later Proline replied buy saying...

"
I'm very sorry to say that these skimmers have been discontinued for several years,
and we've recently run out of the parts. I even attempted to have them made again,
but was unable to have this done.

I have been advised that the Bubble Blaster 5000 is a perfect replacement pump, and
that the Sedra 7000 may work with some modifications. If all you need is the
impeller, there is the possibility that one from either of these pumps may fit - but
you may have to compare in person.

I wish I had better news for you, but I hope this helps a little bit."

I understand that this is an old discontinued skimmer. I also know there are tons of parts out there, even through Vertex's dealers. The local places to me had them, but for some reason I still never heard anything back from them despite calls and emails and gave up. The US retailers wanted twice as much, with shipping and USD. Vertex's 'fix' was for me to buy a $300 non Vertex product. Whether it fits or not, it should always be a companies prerogative to promote their own product first, then maybe some competing product. With their lack of future support, consistent changes and I appreciate the offer to by a BB5000, I think if I am going to spend that much on just a pump, I will be going with an Reef Octopus skimmer in the near future.

And vertex sucks to deal with for any customer service. I still can not get an answer from them about a replacement switch inside my rodi unit or about a missing skimmer Venturi. This will likely be the last piece of vertex equipment I will ever buy new or used

I am pretty sure that most of the venturi's are universal. Or at least the one that I have for my IN-280 perfectly fit the mouth of an In-100 that I was using as a backup.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I can't find a Venturi replacement for any pump. All I know is that the front of the pump is 1" fpt so I made a t that will accept the tube and at least get it working for me. Once I have a chance, and hopefully if our dollar come back closer to par I will be upgrading to a lifereef. Myself I refuse to deal with companies that have little to no customer support.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I can't find a Venturi replacement for any pump. All I know is that the front of the pump is 1" fpt so I made a t that will accept the tube and at least get it working for me. Once I have a chance, and hopefully if our dollar come back closer to par I will be upgrading to a lifereef. Myself I refuse to deal with companies that have little to no customer support.

Try to reach out to Proline Aquatics. Should only be a few dollars through them. http://www.vertexaquaristik.com/Dealers/WholesalePartners/NorthAmerica.aspx