Victoss' 120 Build

Victoss

Thanks guys! Can't wait to start covering the rocks in new frags.  ;D

Gonna have to make a trip to Oceans abyss aquatics on the weekend so I can spend my giftcard.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Victoss link said:
Thanks guys! Can't wait to start covering the rocks in new frags.  ;D

Gonna have to make a trip to Oceans abyss aquatics on the weekend so I can spend my giftcard.

excellent! let us know how it was, i have never been but mean to stop by sometime

Victoss

curiousphil link said:
Incredible!!  Didn't realize you had such large colonies!

Yep, actually one of my biggest was my green and red monti caps but their now broken into a hundred pieces from the move, gonna have to sell of a bunch of pieces. The rest of it is hidden behind the arch in the new tank (first tank picture on the left).

Here is what it was like in the old 50 gal:

IMG_8138_zps5879fa6f.jpg

Victoss

To update the past month or so, I've setup my BRS dosers. Calcium gets 5min 12 times a day where alkalinity is 4min.
IMG_9287_zps8b5a020b.jpg

IMG_9286_zps4aee897d.jpg

IMG_9285_zpsc14cd1c3.jpg

Got a Niger trigger a few weeks ago, really cool addition with it's unique look.
IMG_9387_zps83f77504.jpg

And a bunch of new additions at fragfest on the weekend!

Gold torch: (gonna have to get a better picture of this guy, these were all quick shots :) )
IMG_9328_zpsa38a5f5d.jpg

IMG_9337_zps0c46f973.jpg

tenuis acro:
IMG_9338_zps1a0e1e80.jpg

Sunset milli:
IMG_9339_zps7d1be743.jpg

IMG_9340_zps4785d070.jpg

Forestfire digi:
IMG_9342_zps54552366.jpg

pocillopora:
IMG_9343_zps800bca2a.jpg

And a few new zoas which I placed on my new zoa island (most of the zoas are from my 'frag' tank):
IMG_9336_zps9f75959e.jpg

Also a new FTS!:
IMG_9366_zps4826a1d5.jpg

Victoss

Well I'm bummed out now, my Niger Trigger has seemed to disappear. Haven't seen him for the past 2 days and he was doing perfectly fine, eating like a pig, always out, none of the other fish seemed to bother him and I've had him for over a month now. The picture in my previous post was just earlier this week!  :mad:

A few weeks ago I also lost (as in disappeared as well) my orange diamond goby, which I didn't make a big deal out of because when you dig for a living you risk the chance of being crushed or trapped, although there was nothing to support that's the way he went.

Now I'm worried something must be killing my fish, which kinda stops the whole "oh I'll just learn from my mistake and maybe try a new fish" train of thought since I have no idea how they died. The only things in my tank which could kill a fish would be my 4 mini maxi anemones but none of them look like they have had a good sized meal and generally a fish has to be pretty dumb or sick to get stuck in them. And yes the tank is fully covered and the overflows are covered too and have been inspected.

So now I'm sitting here confused as to where he could have gone or died and fear adding a new fish.  :(

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I'd inspect your tank way after lights out with a flash light and see if there maybe something eating your fish.  But honestly, your trigger is a good size and it would take one hell of a pest to eat him.

But to rule everything out.  Check you tank way after lights out.

Victoss

Ya I've checked the overflows and their covered too. Now that I think about it I have a emerald crab I got with a group of 3 and all appeared green when I got them but now he is the sole survivor and looks very black with only 1 claw. Definitely thinking he should go in the sump now. Still not sure if a one armed crab could of got him and there is no body, I'm looking at him right now at the top of the rocks and I would think the trigger would of lasted him a few days snack that he would be eating/guarding, but seems the best scenario right now.

jmonker

your system is coming along very nicely.. your electrical and sump looks very clean. Cant wait to watch this grow out..  Keep up the good work..

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Chances are good he has locked himself in a crevice somewhere.  I had two of them (both huge) disappear in my 60 cube. I pulled all the rocks. Still didn't find them. Put the rocks back in. Figured they jumped and dogs or cat ate them.  Woke up next day and they were out to eat. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victoss

davesolo29 link said:
Chances are good he has locked himself in a crevice somewhere.  I had two of them (both huge) disappear in my 60 cube. I pulled all the rocks. Still didn't find them. Put the rocks back in. Figured they jumped and dogs or cat ate them.  Woke up next day and they were out to eat. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I hope that's the case, first didn't see him on Thursday so it's already been 2 full days now.  :(