What day would be better for the next FragFEST?

What day would be better....

• April 12, 2014 - Saturday - Same layout as last one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 13, 2014 - Sunday - Can then have upper and lower levels.

• June 7, 2014 - Saturday - Same everything as last one

• June 8, 2014 - Sunday - Oh no the Sabbath!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

chuckm

Sunday, then I could be there this time!!! Ugghh!

What about the Sunday of Victoria Day weekend not every body goes camping or to church, and no not many (if any) would have to work on Monday! ;)

Just food for thought.....

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
chuckm link said:
Sunday, then I could be there this time!!! Ugghh!

What about the Sunday of Victoria Day weekend not every body goes camping or to church, and no not many (if any) would have to work on Monday! ;)

Just food for thought.....

that's a possibility, but would the legion be open for business as usual I wonder. 

spyd

Super Active Member
My wallet is easy when it comes to frags.... Saturday, Sunday... heck, 3am on a Wednesday and it's open for business!  ;D Long weekends might not work so well for traffic. For a lot of people those are normally family oriented so a coral sale might not go over well for some.... Just sayin'.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
spyd link said:
Long weekends might not work so well for traffic. For a lot of people those are normally family oriented so a coral sale might not go over well for some.... Just sayin'.

+1

...and this hobby already burns up enough brownie points as it is.

RYOUNVS

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=5521.msg52821#msg52821 date=1370448424]
yea i dont really get it either but its the business aspect of it, people that are christian will not do business or make transactions on Sunday... dont ask me why, and by the looks of it none of you are affected by that really, bunch of heathens hahah
i would come but im still living at home and if i said fuk it im going, i doubt i would be living at home when i got back, and id be single lol...

another option would be find a bigger venue for a Saturday...
but hey, if its only one person that cant come no point in changing the whole event lol
if we could make a Saturday work, awesome! but if not, and it has to be Sunday... no hard feelings :) 

Hey, I just want to point out that if you drop money in the collection plate on sunday, hey, you're making a transaction.  Is there anything you christians aren't hypocrites about?    ;)  ;)  ;)  Hey, why is there a thundercloud forming just over my house?

Heh, well we may see how this goes.  I'm not in favour of angering religious groups but it really would be nice to get that second level (and honestly the location seemed to work out perfectly in so many ways:
-easy to get to from 401
-plenty of hydro
-plenty of parking
-no carpeting (that's a tough one to get around)
-built in bar (with bartender)
-kitchens (in case it's too cold to bbq)
-close to salty crackers house because he, definitely, is not a morning person.

the list goes on and on.  :)
[/quote]

Yikes! Us 'Christian Folk' are taking a beating! I think today worked very well. I was able to go to church in the morning, and still make it to fragfest. FYI, the whole 'no transactions on a Sunday thing' is like... 20 years ago. I think my grandparents still stick to that. You know how many people from church I see at Swiss Chalet after church? LOTS!

I do appreciate the event being scheduled at noon though. Thanks for putting on a great event. I'm glad I only brought $200!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
As a realtor, I learned very early on that Sat open houses work about 1/10th as well as Sunday open houses, because working people go out and get stuff done on Saturdays, and Sunday are the days to go out and partake in sightseeing, hobbies etc.  The Church gets a bit of Sunday, but it is seriously outdated to think that Jesus owns the whole day. 

I'm not religious so I don't care it it's Christmas day, I want to get as many "seats as possible" into the chairs.  Unfortunately,  statistically that's a Sunday. 

(Truth be told Christmas is the only day of the year I won't work)  ;)

sunnykita

Super Active Member
LOL, I thought Sunday was a great day to have it, though I would have just changed plans if it was Saturday, I too agree that many use Saturday for doing errands and chores etc, and Sunday leaves time for excursions such as today, sorry you couldn't be there Brandon, missed seeing you

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
This year's event was perfect, timing, space, time of year......

Brandon could make it if he just went to a regular church service instead of one of those ones with the weed and the rattlesnakes and the dunk tank.    >:D

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
AdInfinitum link said:

Brandon could make it if he just went to a regular church service instead of one of those ones with the weed and the rattlesnakes and the dunk tank.    >:D

+1 only mishap for event was the heat was on for whatever reason lol.

My only mishap was I forgot to put the valve on my fragtank before filling so flooded the table and floor nicely. Thanks to Adam S and I think someone else, not to many people even saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
unibob link said:
[quote author=AdInfinitum link=topic=5521.msg92946#msg92946 date=1399480288]

+1 only mishap for event was the heat was on for whatever reason lol.

My only mishap was I forgot to put the valve on my fragtank before filling so flooded the table and floor nicely. Thanks to Adam S and I think someone else, not to many people even saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

We all saw, we just didn't want you to feel stupid. :)