What do you feed Your fish and how often

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Question of the day

New life spectrum 1mm pellets as a main food for all fish. Cyclopeeze and mysis for frozen food for fish and corals. Silversides for nems and reef roids occasionally for corals. Don't target feed anything except my bubble tips.

spyd

Super Active Member
Re: Question of the day

I feed my fish Omega 1 flakes once a day and mysis shrimp once a day. I feed Nori once every other day. For corals, I feed cyclopeez once a week to every other week and I have some Coral Frenzy and Nutri Kol that I feed very sparingly. Maybe once a month if that. For my brains and Acans, I feed mysis once a week as well.

Also, buying some New Life Spectrum in the Group Buy to try that out for my fish just for the heck of it.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor

I feed my tank mebbe some new life finicky fish pellets ..some days pe mysis and cycloppeze.  And coral frenzy once a week.  The. Duncan and torch and nem will get some of that pe mysis and cyclopeeze with a turkey baster

jroovers

Super Active Member

Daily: Mysis, NLS pellets
Frequently: Cyclopeeze and Nori, Oysterfeast (2x week for corals). 
Occassionally: 1x week 6 drops Lugols
Rarely: AA for paled our corals (doing this right now). 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

spyd link said:
I feed my fish Omega 1 flakes once a day and mysis shrimp once a day. I feed Nori once every other day. For corals, I feed cyclopeez once a week to every other week and I have some Coral Frenzy and Nutri Kol that I feed very sparingly. Maybe once a month if that. For my brains and Acans, I feed mysis once a week as well.

Also, buying some New Life Spectrum in the Group Buy to try that out for my fish just for the heck of it.

fyi if it's the BRS group buy, they aren't allowed to ship a lot of the food across the border.  Supplements and meds yes, but food no.  I've tried 3 different kinds, it always gets edited out by the time they ship.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

I feed new life spectrum twice daily and occasionally I feed the Duncan and elephant ears freeze dried mysis shrimp. I also occasionally put lettuce n but after some research (thanks duke) I'm going to start using nori

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Brandon link said:
I feed new life spectrum twice daily and occasionally I feed the Duncan and elephant ears freeze dried mysis shrimp. I also occasionally put lettuce n but after some research (thanks duke) I'm going to start using nori

when your shopping for the nori, look at the Nutritional Value tag on the back and get the brand with the highest numbers. some of it has been like blanched or something first and most of the stuff is stripped out of it.

and as far as what I feed, I try and get some NLS Pellets in there almost every day, I switch those up with some instant ocean brand herbivore fish blend from pet smart, I feed frozen when I have the time, and have been using arcti pods from the fridge 3 times a week or so to feed the tank, I usually squirt it in then let it get blown around and shut all the pumps down so the fish and corals have some time to eat it up. Nori too sometimes, but my nori clip is a big clown fish, my yellow tang gets freaked out by it and my real clowns try to dislodge it with their nose'. pretty fun to watch.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

jroovers link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=3318.msg27934#msg27934 date=1350417045]
AA - alcoholics anyomous

lol. :p In this case, I meant Amino Acids.  ;)
[/quote]

any type or brand?  We're all looking to colour up!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

teebone110 link said:
Daily: Omega Flakes and PE Mysis or Brine Shrimp

Once a Week: Oyster Feast with a little Coral Snow

Occasionally: New Life Spectrum pellets, Cyclopeeze

Maybe we know where your algae growth is from... :)

I feed flakes/pellets  every 2 days, mysis -maybe- twice a week along with  cyclopeeze once a week.  Most of it ends up going into that monster serpent star however...

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member

Daily: Omega flakes, New Spectrum Pellets and Frozen (Alternating PE Mysis, Hikari Brine, Omega Bloodworms, DIY Mussel/Squid/Shrimp puree) plus I take some Halymenia or Scinaia out of the 180 to give to the Sohal.

The Scinaia (I think? not Nemastoma...) is new, came out of nowhere when I moved some rocks in and out...The tang loves it...

spyd

Super Active Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=jroovers link=topic=3318.msg27938#msg27938 date=1350419265]
AA - alcoholics anyomous

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've read good reviews on the Elos Amino Acids. IA has it on sale.

jroovers

Super Active Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=jroovers link=topic=3318.msg27938#msg27938 date=1350419265]
AA - alcoholics anyomous

[/quote]

[/quote]

I use the Brightwell Aquatics AA's, but to be honest, I don't dose very often.  I only am dosing regularly now due to some paling.  I think I have gone through 3/4's of a bottle in the better part of a year and a half.  I don't really think AA's are that necessary, fish food is typically adequate, and I prefer to feed something like oysterfeast regularly, as opposed to AA's. 

Status
Not open for further replies.