What Have You Done To Your Tank Lately.

saltyair

I thought this my be a cool long term thread we could document the changes to our systems.

4 months ago I started aio bio-pellets - taking gfo off line a week later.
Last week I swapped out my sump/refuge for a bigger sump and no refuge
yesterday I added my final fish (show piece) a blue throated trigger.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Added a water change tank this morning. Basically water goes in via T in my manifold and overflows right back into the sump. I just turn a valve to shut off the flow, then put a bucket down and open the other valve. Does 10 gallons. I have a separate 10 gallon to mix fresh salt water, gravity drains into the one tank and turn the first valve again to tie back into the system. Sounds confusing, but works well and will eventually tie it into the drain under the house. And yes, wiring is on my to do list lol.

afc5bfb3c5ff1e5c4bc2dcfc1df9243e.jpg

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Did you drill that 10g torx ??
It shattered as soon as the bit touched it, but it was not tempered, just went too quick into it I think :/. Tank there is a 15gal. System works like a charm and eventually I will not have to carry buckets at all. Hobby just got easier.

Also just added 4 bangii cardinals, think I am done for fish now.

Next is a new skimmer, hopefully ordering new lights before Christmas.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I thought this my be a cool long term thread we could document the changes to our systems.

4 months ago I started aio bio-pellets - taking gfo off line a week later.
Last week I swapped out my sump/refuge for a bigger sump and no refuge
yesterday I added my final fish (show piece) a blue throated trigger.

Got pics of trigger? Is it male or female? I'm getting a female in a week or so.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i rigged a peice of eggcrate off the top of my baffles where the overflow area meets my skimmer are and laid a couple peices of knitting mesh for a makeshift algae scrubber will add a pic after work

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I cleaned my skimmer cup...

recently had to replace the drivers on my led build I did. Kind of disappointed that they only lasted a couple years:(

saltyair

Added a water change tank this morning. Basically water goes in via T in my manifold and overflows right back into the sump. I just turn a valve to shut off the flow, then put a bucket down and open the other valve. Does 10 gallons. I have a separate 10 gallon to mix fresh salt water, gravity drains into the one tank and turn the first valve again to tie back into the system. Sounds confusing, but works well and will eventually tie it into the drain under the house. And yes, wiring is on my to do list lol.

afc5bfb3c5ff1e5c4bc2dcfc1df9243e.jpg

Very cool - hmm might have a new project :)