Would you attend ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reeffreak

Well I know it was a hit at ricks place so i know there will be poeple down for it on this forum but wanted to take a vote on if there was a public frag swap held in ontario would you attend ? also if so would you have frags you would sell ? this has huge potential to become an awsome event if we gain enough interest ,  if you would be interested in attending something like this please comment on this thread if you would or wouldnt go. It would be held somewhere that is convenient for everyone and if its a hit then we could possibly look forward to an annual event . Lets hear some ideas also , the more poeple who throw ideas out there the better . looking forward to a huge response .

Z

Zakk

I think rick already mentioned the next one was going to be in a rented hall or something like that.  You might want to check with him...of course there can always be more than one  :)

R

reeffreak

ya im just poking around with the idea it was brought up on another forum ( AP ) and seems to be a lot of interest in a frag swap  like the ones in the states , this one would be held for non members and anyone in the public who is into the hobby , if all the members here and there show alot of interest then theres a few of us who are willing to take the time to get something going .

davesolo29

Super Active Member
too funny.  i have already been getting stuff going to get one started in the Kitchener area.
Rich, from Eco-reefer.com has already confirmed that i can use his big frag tank.  i think its 10x4 or something ridiculous like that.  his only concern is cost of setup.
filling that frag tank with SW will be pretty expensive.
I have also been calling around to a few friends of mine that have warehouse space that we could potentially use for the day.

R

reeffreak

Well the idea of holding one for a public event would be to rent out a room somewhere in an area conveinent for everyone who would be coming from windsor , london , sarnia , gta poeple . It would have to be a bbig room also another idea is to have so many tables availbe for renting for poeple who wants to sell some of there frags or swap , which trhey would have to supply a tank , water and there frags and power and the table will be supplied . Be a small feee tp rent each table and a cost at the door , to make it up for the prices of renting and running a room . Theres still lots to go threw , davesolo should pm and we can talk , also have a few others who are interested in helping .
Thanks
Pat

Z

Zakk

We'd need a boxing ring in the middle, so the vendors can duke it out with each other (or with some of us difficult customers). 

Looking at the googles maps, honestly, London or Woodstock is sort of dead center for people from sarnia and wallaceburg, and from the toronto area. I'm fortuntate that being in the center, things are sort of close no matter which way we go, but a guy from sarnia might not want to go to brampton or kitchener...  just throwing that out there.  I've never rented a hall for anything, but I do have a buddy that works for the city that could likely give me the lowdown on the cheapest/best place to get.  (I do not know how much free time I would have to help organize, but I'd be willing to pitch in I'm sure). 

R

reeffreak

Zakk link said:
We'd need a boxing ring in the middle, so the vendors can duke it out with each other (or with some of us difficult customers). 

Looking at the googles maps, honestly, London or Woodstock is sort of dead center for people from sarnia and wallaceburg, and from the toronto area. I'm fortuntate that being in the center, things are sort of close no matter which way we go, but a guy from sarnia might not want to go to brampton or kitchener...  just throwing that out there.  I've never rented a hall for anything, but I do have a buddy that works for the city that could likely give me the lowdown on the cheapest/best place to get.  (I do not know how much free time I would have to help organize, but I'd be willing to pitch in I'm sure).

I was thinking the same thing london is pretty much dead center for everyone , hit up your buddy for some info and get back to me

Z

Zakk

reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Zakk link=topic=2245.msg17554#msg17554 date=1330399632]

I was thinking the same thing london is pretty much dead center for everyone , hit up your buddy for some info and get back to me
[/quote]

Okay... I drank a 40oz or rum with him last wed, blacked out and tried to kill him, and he was pretty put out by that for  some reason, but we've been buds since high school, he should be fine.  ;D  Besides, I sold him his new house and he gets it this Friday, he wants my help pulling up a whole lot of laminate flooring lol.

R

reeffreak

lol your always good for a laugh Zakk but London for sure seems like the right spot

davesolo29

Super Active Member
hey zack.. does your buddy need a new roof on his house?  i know a great company looking for some...hehe...winter work.
this time of year i give pretty good rates just to keep busy.

R

reeffreak

Im a painter if he needs his house painted lol , alright lets keep this on topic . ;D

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Zakk link said:
I think rick already mentioned the next one was going to be in a rented hall or something like that.  You might want to check with him...of course there can always be more than one  :)

I think its a great idea Pat. Let me know what I can do!! If properly planned an event like this could turn out to be huge. I know that the interest is defiantly there.

You can count on me in I'll be buying and selling  :).

Yes, the staff and I have already talked about planning our next local frag swap. The date will be sometime this spring and will be looking at renting a hall in Chatham (which is central for the majority of our members). We will officially announce this event once we figure out some of the larger details (soon). 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Rick.  With the intent that this thing gets off the ground would you consider just using this bigger swap instead?  The idea would be to make one large event.....even get some dry goods sellers.  I cool little event for eveyone in the area.  I would hate for competing events to draw people away into smaller groups.

That is the whole point of London as the central location.  I also feel that this event should be late spring/early summer......as soon as practical.

R

reeffreak

this will take some time of planning and finding a place ot hold it , maybe also trying to get some sponsors for some givaways and setting up some concessions to help support the finds it will cost , all still ideas . Any help would be great from you Rick , I know youve done a few things up this ally .

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i was thinking late spring early summer also.  before people start on holidays, or school is out.  That way all the students in the area that keep tanks will not have gone back to their homes farther away.  chances are good a lot of them have tanks set up at their residence.  They may not usually have nice stuff to bring in due to their tanks likely being new. but they tend to buy stuff.

R

reeffreak

Ya this is the reason I was posting on both sites to get everyone into this , this does sound like a great idea ..

Z

Zakk

I will definitely see tomorrow if buddy knows the best way to get time at city places. He'll at least know if it's possible.  Likely we would have to know how many people would be coming due to fire/occupancy  restrictions. Also, I assume someone would be responsible for loss and damages.  Very likely there will be an afterparty at the bar for anyone who doesn't need to rush frags home.  ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.