Wrasse Selection

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
it seems everyone and they're uncle have a wrasse but thats the one thing i could never keep alive. because i started from dry rock it took me 3 years before i had even seen a bristleworm in my tank now i have lots of different things crawling around i want to try again so seeing what wrasses are your favourite in a reef.

so the question is what kind do you have? and what kind is your faoourite?

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Love my hoevens wrasse stunning colours, but my best fish in my tank ( dosent bother nothing ) is my yellow wrasse now I seen online they are under fish only .. But I've never have had an issue with these 2 infact just watching them graze for bugs is soothing lol my corals thank them !

Also if I had a bigger tank of get a luner wrasse beauty's but I hear they arnt too coral friendly and the ones that are the corals get knocked around they are powerful swimmers

Last edited:

Luke.

Distinguished Member
i have a sixline .... and like him ....

but i am to looking other wrasses :)

I've came close about 10 times to get them but after seeing its a hit or miss with the agression and seei someone trying to catch one is a mission and a half lol

BigReefer

Super Active Member
i had 2 ... one jumped into my over flow and then i caught him and gave him to a buddy ... so i can put the other into the 150 from the biocube.... so when I get my black cape ( from big show) ... it will go into my cube...

cant wait to have the redsea reefer setup

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I've had my Leopard wrasse sorry close to two yrs now and he's fat and healthy.
I also have a blue sided fairy wrasse. Nice fish too. But doesn't play nice with other wrasses I've tried to add after him.

My other favorites are solar and Christmas wrasse

Sony Xperia Z3

monizb

Super Active Member
My favorite wrasse is the leoprd wrasse I had one for 3 years and sold it with my last setup I will deffentyl be getting another for my cube :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
i have a sixline .... and like him ....

but i am to looking other wrasses :)

It will probably be hard to add more with an established six line they are pretty but little SOB's to newcomers.

Another vote for Tusks ...love them but say goodbye to shrimp, crabs, snails...

Radiant wrasses are stunning members of the same group as the more common Melanurus and great personalities too but hard on snails...mine unfortunately jumped just after the tank change.

Mystery wrasses are as good as it gets...beautiful and safe..and I am a recent fan of the fairy wrasses...they get along and are small but showy. I currently have an Aussie Lineatus and an as of yet unidentified one...would like to add a golden Rhomboid.