Wrasse Selection

BigReefer

Super Active Member
Anyone had a carpenter wrasse ?? Think it would get alone with a royal gramma ??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Would a black cape basslet and a sixline do all right ... the com chart says yes .....

Do you have lots of space??? Both can be quite territorial though not direct competitors. Black cap will not play nice with a royal gramma, or is that in a different tank. IMO having the Black Cap is worth losing the other two....

BigReefer

Super Active Member
Ok np i can keep the basslet upstairs in the redseareefer ....

BigReefer

Super Active Member
What about the sixline and a carpenter wrasse and the royal gramma .... the royal gramma was with a sixline before it jumped into the over flow

BigReefer

Super Active Member
ok i put him up forsale ... ( sixlane)

i hope the royal gramma and caprenter can live together or leopard wrasse of the 2 i was looking at ... for the 150 ... I will place the black cape with the maroon and the watchman and the scooter in the redsea reefer...

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
with my limited experience with Royal Gramma's they are weirdos. they are scared and like to keep close to rock work and hang upside down. Once they get brave they still dart out and in to their territory. Might have just been my experience. I prefer the nice little compact wrasse. the cute ones but I am staying away from known jumpers.

Nothing worse than finding a crispy mummified fish months after it has went missing.

heath

Distinguished Member
my vote is the fairy wrasse.. I have one in the 75 mixed and she is a model citizen and very flashy too...

heath

Distinguished Member
I say a female, she is to pretty to be a male, haha...still waiting for the other wrasse...

Themaddhatter

I say a female, she is to pretty to be a male, haha...still waiting for the other wrasse...
Lol, aside from humans, the rest of the animal world favors males with beauty. It's a competitive edge.

chief hill

I have a beautiful Red corris wrasse. He is in the process of changing to an adult and will look completely different. However he has a taste for cuc so I have to watch for what inverts I put into the tank.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Coralreefshop in burlington has some wrasse in and some dwarf ells I think someone was asking about them

Link
http://s410.photobucket.com/user/CoralReefShop/slideshow/Hawaii120515

Helfrichi Firefish
Scarface Blenny
Golden Rhomboid Wrasses
- Terminal Males
Flame Wrasses - Terminal Males and LOTS of Females (Purchase 2 or more Females and the theory is one will eventually turn male)
Achilles Tangs - SMALL and Medium Sizes
Goldrim Tang
Potter's Angels
Flame Angels
Fisher's Angels
4 Line Wrasses
Golden Dwarf Moray Eels - A select few with distinct yellow colouration
Moorish Idols
Bartlett's Anthias
Bicolour Anthias
Blue Throat Triggers
Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasses
Emperor Angel - Orange Tail
Kole Tangs
Orange Shoulder Tangs

zoomster

I have a pair of male and female Bird wrasses.
They don't bother any of my corals ( except occasionally knocking them off when darting around ). But they ( actually I have only ever seem the female do this! ) are hard on my CUC. Snails are safe when securely attached to the rocks or glass but,...... if they fall off the female is on them faster than flies to poop!