WTF IS THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Lol imagine it was able to survive fresh water! Next time I take a dump I feel a little tickle lol ok.... I took it too far. 

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Hey Kyle...too bad I didn't see this earlier.....By the pointed carapace, small under-turned claws and algal growth on the shell...My best guess would be that the sewers of Windsor are now home to one of the smaller species of decorator crabs.  Many of the larger ones show up in stores but they are pretty sketchy as far as "reef safe" goes  since they will cut pieces of sponges, polyps etc to grow on them.  The small ones usually just "decorate" with algae. 

Do you have any millepora sp. in your tank that were wild collected or maricultured? If so, look for some pics of a gracilis decorator they live in them/clean them in exchange for a protected place to live...not sure but not likely harmful to most corals other than stealing food from LPS like any cleaner shrimp.

Too many limbs and fully developed eye stalks to be a pycnogonid sp. Just my $.02

phatpaco

Krazykarl link said:
So today i decided to trim down some sps colonies and frag em out for you sps lovers.  While doing one of the colonies i had a visitor.  This guy jumped onto my arm and i freaaaaaked out lol...needless to say, hes in qt in a tupperware container downstairs before i know he is safe and reef safe. 

\"oh hello there, mind if i jump onto your arm while you scream like a girl and throw the coral across the room lol....\" F@CK! lol

I can't stop laughing...I am sure I would be changing  my pants!!! LOL!!! I love surprizes but not when they jump on me!!!!  ;D

C

copperkills

So I turned on the TV this morn and started watching a documentary on underwater life called "Oceans" hosted by Pierce Brosnon....and sure as heck there was a segment on spider crabs....your little guy is definately a spider crab, however Im not sure if its the decorator kind...these guys are ugly and travel in "armies".  If you see the program on TV..watch it....great documentary!

watch out for more in your tank!!! lol

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Lol def no more. All my corals were dipped but maybe he wasn't affected. Def one of the scariest thing I ever witnessed. Lol. On a better note, all sps is doing amazing and colorful.  No more critters in my tank lol

P

phi delt reefer

Spiders arent affected by dips.either.

I have a.colony of zoas with zoa.spiders and they survived a freshwater dip, full strength peroxide dip, coral rx and flatworm exit dip.

:-\

Status
Not open for further replies.