Zeovit

nexusnight

I'm with Poseidon but to each his own. So Darryl do u run Gfo and pellets or what's ur preferred method?
The zeovit is too much to be questioned but pellets are widely used and there's little question as to what they are or doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Yes....I run a BRS biopellets.  I also run a small amount of GFO as I find P04 can still creep up over time with just pellet use.  I also use ROX carbon.  This combo really helps keep the nutrient level low (even with a high bioload/lots'o fish) and feeding a good amount of quality food brings in the colours.  THe trick is to have a good nutrient waste removal system (pellets,gfo,carbon, skimmer) while feeding the tank a nice good amount of quality food (PE mysis, nori and NLS pellet is all I've used).  Other than that making sure incoming fresh water is 0tds and all other parameters are stable and you should be in business.

I started cluing into this method when I noticed some of the nicest tanks had lots of fish but also had big skimmers, carbon dosing, gfo etc. to keep the nutrient waste products low (P04, NO3).

theyangman

Distinguished Member
reeffreak link said:
Oh no, religion. I feel my soul burning up on the inside.

It is the gospel of Darryl V. So I shall follow. Gotta admit, he is obviously doing a few things correctly. lol. If he doesn't use it, then that's good enough for me.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hahaha I just came back to this thread now. I'm glad it got back on track and I loved Tony's Darryl_V  Commandment post lol. I lost my phone last night so I was kinda bummed about that but Tonys and Darryl's posts made me laugh and cheered me up lol. Thanks guys! :)

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Reef Hero link said:
Hahaha I just came back to this thread now. I'm glad it got back on track and I loved Tony's Darryl_V  Commandment post lol. I lost my phone last night so I was kinda bummed about that but Tonys and Darryl's posts made me laugh and cheered me up lol. Thanks guys! :)

I thought it was a stroke of genius....

curiousphil

Super Active Member
theyangman link said:
[quote author=Reef Hero link=topic=6431.msg63093#msg63093 date=1380975980]

I thought it was a stroke of genius....
[/quote]

I thought so also since reefing is kind of like a religion of its own rofl.  I actually find it quite appropriate that the next Fragfest is on a Sunday!  Kinda makes it like an annual reefing holiday akin to easter hahaha

C

cunareefer

Now I am officially on TFT.  Feel free to ask me all the zeo questions you would like. :)

I resent the label "newbie" next to my name

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to the site Cunareefer, by far you are not a Newbie to the hobby, just to the site. You may need to leave some directions for next time I am in Troy, that is if you are a night hawk like I am with work.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
cunareefer link said:
Now I am officially on TFT.  Feel free to ask me all the zeo questions you would like. :)

I resent the label \"newbie\" next to my name

welcome!!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Welcome to TFT James!
You may have noticed I posted a link to James r2r tank thread in this thread awhile ago....hopefully you checked it out because James uses the full zeo method and has grown out over 100 sps species from small frags to colonies with little to no rock or fish bio load..... Who's hooky now Moses?!? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

cunareefer

Thank you for the warm welcome all. :)  and a BIG hello to my buddy Ben (Reef Hero).  I've been full zeo for quite some time now.  I have one piece of rock in my entire system.  The only reason for the rock is shelter for the fish.  I have a small amount of sand in a tupperware container that my wrasse uses as a bed.  Other than that... completely driven by zeo.

Started with freshwater in 1987.  Started with saltwater in 1999. 

Equipment List
ATI Sunpower 8x80
SRO XP-3000 INT with head cleaner
RKE Controller
Avast Marine Works Kalk Stirrer
Geo 6x24 Ca Reactor
2 Jebao WP 40
1 Jebao WP 25
1 Tunze Nano Wavebox
1 Tunze 6105
1 Tunze 6205
Vertex 1.5L zeo reactor
RODI water
Neo Marine salt
Super Dart Gold Return

I dose the following:
Zeobac
Zeostart
Pohls Extra Special
Zeo Coral Snow
ZeoSpur2
ZeoFood
Calcium chloride
potassium

Time for some pics...

quick note:  Just because I'm sure someone will ask...  And they should...  The couple spots of algae developed when some micro pellet food settled in some areas of low flow.  Not representative of a zeo tank.  Just me being lazy when I took the pics.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
It's definitely a one of a kind tank.....
Take note that James is still using a ca reactor with Kalk too and his brand of salt is not the most common either lol
Definitely proves there is more than one way to run a successful sps reef tank!!
Here are some of my favourite specimens of James' below.....anyone know what they are? Oh, and James where is my favourite piece?? The showstopper/drama maker piece??  Lol

Here's my favs that you posted....