90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
some scores from the coral show... i finally got a chunk of xmen :)
IMG_20150221_165440.jpg
and thanks jt for the pointer rod it will be handy in the future and after seeing those creations in person im even more tempted on a few things :)

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay my algae scrubber rigged up :) ..... gonna change my fuge and scrubber light over to cfl it seemed to do a little better than the tube is.
20150226_193625.jpg 20150226_193633.jpg
Phone camera was doing something funky

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Nice score on the wolverine bud
i got the xmen..... very similar the wolverine was sold by the time i made a round of looking and came back around to buy but still a nice peice... next time ill get my wolverine.... maybe riley will scare his and it will grow super fast :)

Hey Steve can you give details on the algae scrubber. Looking to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do ya need for details? Mine only had one size option because i used scraps.... can get ya measurements if you want or can take a bunch of pics so you can see what i did.... the key is to use the knitting plastic mesh and scuf it up so its really ruff and lay on the bottom. That will give you a good substrate for the algae to grow on and easy to scrape off once it gets too thick. I am losing the tube lights as well and going back to cfl grow bulbs from home depot they work great

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
TEST TIME :).....

So now that the tangs are gone i only got a couple yellow chromis a couple 3 barred damsels my false perc clown my eel and my shrimps plus the new algae scrubber im gonna see how long i can stretch my wc before anything starts to get out of whack... so far has been six weeks no wc and nitrate is barely detectable ( yes test is still good as confirmed by lfs double check) and everything else seems good minus alk is a lil higher than wanted but that was my fault :) lets see how long i can go and now i have that algae scrubber working as well as my refugium with deep sandbed.

This might get interesting

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
TEST TIME :).....

So now that the tangs are gone i only got a couple yellow chromis a couple 3 barred damsels my false perc clown my eel and my shrimps plus the new algae scrubber im gonna see how long i can stretch my wc before anything starts to get out of whack... so far has been six weeks no wc and nitrate is barely detectable ( yes test is still good as confirmed by lfs double check) and everything else seems good minus alk is a lil higher than wanted but that was my fault :) lets see how long i can go and now i have that algae scrubber working as well as my refugium with deep sandbed.

This might get interesting
Why the heck should I have to do water change every week, hummm

it just grows algae to eat the nitrates out of the water check the last set of pics i posted or the ones in diy for an idea
I set up my 50 gallon tall for the seahorses today and it has a 25 gallon sump I cut some baffles out to make a fuge and going to work up a scrubber I am going to use a desk type lamp on it with a cfl bulb also that should be ok for 3 "horses" what you think.