BIGSHOW'S 550g reef system

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I can only get my hands on a used 48" 10x54w ATI fixture, so I am going to have to figure out what I am going to light the other 2-3' with.

I MAY try a mutilcoloured LED unit......for that 2-3'.  Maybe a vega since they are cheap.  I will wait till boxing day and see what kind of deals can be had.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
BIGSHOW link said:
I can only get my hands on a used 48\" 10x54w ATI fixture, so I am going to have to figure out what I am going to light the other 2-3' with.

I MAY try a mutilcoloured LED unit......for that 2-3'.  Maybe a vega since they are cheap.  I will wait till boxing day and see what kind of deals can be had.

I'd help you do DIY, which honestly is going to be cheaper, and perform better, than almost any fixture.  PLUS, if a bulb or driver does, it's a very simple replacement... Just food for thought. 

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that.

My electricity bill is going to be ridiculous (I did manage to score a Red Dragon pump for the return pump)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
BIGSHOW link said:

My electricity bill is going to be ridiculous (I did manage to score a Red Dragon pump for the return pump)

Haha if it wasn't for the soaring electricity bill I'd still be running MH!!!  :)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=3071.msg27288#msg27288 date=1349793271]

Haha if it wasn't for the soaring electricity bill I'd still be running MH!!!  :)
[/quote]

The good thing about these frag tank(s) is that they run from 9pm to 5am.  This way I get the cheaper time of use rates and my pH stays more consistent.

No need to have the frag tanks lit during the day.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
BIGSHOW link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=3071.msg27289#msg27289 date=1349793547]
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=3071.msg27288#msg27288 date=1349793271]

[/quote]

The good thing about these frag tank(s) is that they run from 9pm to 5am.  This way I get the cheaper time of use rates and my pH stays more consistent.

No need to have the frag tanks lit during the day.
[/quote]

I gotta get me a frag tank...and make you an LED convert.  I gotta see that setup sometime, it really does look sick :)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Salty Cracker link said:
I gotta get me a frag tank...and make you an LED convert.  I gotta see that setup sometime, it really does look sick :)

I would LOVE to be an LED convert......trust me.

..thanks for the compliment as long as I am home you are more then welcome to come on by.

You can check out my Shit*y PAC SUN LEDS ;)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Some crappy Iphone photos

photo%281%29.JPG

photo%282%29.JPG

photo.JPG

B

Bill@IA

BIGSHOW link said:
Thanks guys.

I will try and take some photos of some new pieces later tonight.

...I may have a surprise. :)

Is it the 17th already?? Man you are keeping me in suspense.

:)